Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

1200$ Gaming PC

Last response: in Systems
Share
August 11, 2011 12:51:38 PM

Scoll down.

More about : 1200 gaming

a b 4 Gaming
August 11, 2011 12:59:10 PM

I think we should easily be able to improve on that. For the same price i think you could:

Change the cooler to Coolermaster Hyper 212 Plus, it's a tower cooler and should cool better.

Get a single GTX 570 (or GTX 560Ti) instead of 2 550's, performance should be a bit better for the same price and it's much more futureproof.

If you get the 570 i would get the same PSU but bump it up to 750W

I would also get Corsair XMS3 RAM, it wont cost much more and is worth it.
August 11, 2011 2:42:04 PM

http://www.emag.ro/placi_video/placa-video-gigabyte-gef... - 1.489,99 Lei

Yeah, its about the same price.But.From what I've read around here, 2 is always better then 1, if not then why would nVidia or ATI invent the SLI/Crossfire tehnology?(Just asking).

Then.
I asked to check the site(even included google translate link) because prices differ from country-to-country.The "Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus" is better yes, but its 600+, that would go way over the budget.

Again, I've chosen the 650W because its cheaper and I've been told it will support the rig.

The RAM is a yes, its only 100 lei more.

Again, I don't want to seem like I don't apreaciate your help.But to really help me you should check the price on the site(It has google translate link in my post, it will be 99% in english)
Related resources
August 11, 2011 6:07:25 PM

Apart from the above questions.

Asus P8Z68-V-PRO Is this one better? from the reviews I think it is, but I'm not sure.It matters alot because its literally 1$ more.
August 12, 2011 12:50:13 AM

Bumping from 2nd page, should I think that my build is so good that there is nothing to change about it or that it is that bad that I don't even deserve help :( 
a b 4 Gaming
August 12, 2011 3:01:02 AM

http://www.emag.ro/placi_baza/placa-de-baza-asus-p8z68-... 669,99 Lei
Placa de baza Asus P8Z68-V, socket 1155

http://www.emag.ro/surse/sursa-corsair-cmpsu-750txv2-75... 484,99 Lei
Sursa Corsair CMPSU-750TXV2 750W, ATX12V v2.31

or....

http://www.emag.ro/surse/sursa-corsair-cmpsu-700g-700w-... 399,99 Lei
Sursa Corsair CMPSU-700G 700W, ATX 2.3

http://www.emag.ro/placi_video/placa-video-msi-nvidia-g... 804,99 Lei
Placa video MSI nVidia GeForce GTX 560, 1024MB, GDDR5, 256bit, DVI, Mini HDMI, PCI-E

or...

http://www.emag.ro/placi_video/placa-video-evga-geforce... 809,99 Lei
Placa video eVGA GeForce GTX 560, 1024MB, GDDR5, 256bit, DVI, mini HDMI, PCI-E

or...

http://www.emag.ro/placi_video/placa-video-evga-geforce... 884,99 Lei
Placa video eVGA GeForce GTX 560 Ti, 1024MB, GDDR5, 256bit, DVI, mini HDMI, PCI-E

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/geforce-gtx-560-amp... <----- Benchmarks gtx 560 vs gtx 560 ti
a b 4 Gaming
August 12, 2011 7:52:44 AM

AlExAlExAlEx said:
http://www.emag.ro/placi_video/placa-video-gigabyte-gef... - 1.489,99 Lei

Yeah, its about the same price.But.From what I've read around here, 2 is always better then 1, if not then why would nVidia or ATI invent the SLI/Crossfire tehnology?(Just asking).

Then.
I asked to check the site(even included google translate link) because prices differ from country-to-country.The "Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus" is better yes, but its 600+, that would go way over the budget.

Again, I've chosen the 650W because its cheaper and I've been told it will support the rig.

The RAM is a yes, its only 100 lei more.

Again, I don't want to seem like I don't apreaciate your help.But to really help me you should check the price on the site(It has google translate link in my post, it will be 99% in english)


2 is not always better than 1. SLI is there for flexibility and upgradability. Two 550's would probably be equally as powerful as a 570 but not as good at high resolutions and with AA. Also, the single card will not have as many driver issues etc. associated with SLI. Lastly, it means that when you want to upgrade you can just add another card.

Yes 650W will support your build fine. I just said that if you decide to go with the 570, you would need 750W+ for SLI.
a b 4 Gaming
August 12, 2011 3:28:21 PM

Two 560's would easily outperform the 570 in almost everything. Think it would cost more, eat more power and maybe be more expensive to upgrade though.
August 12, 2011 5:04:36 PM

Will the 750W Corsair support the two 560's?
a b 4 Gaming
August 12, 2011 5:19:49 PM

AlExAlExAlEx said:
Will the 750W Corsair support the two 560's?

Yes, and with ease.
a b 4 Gaming
August 12, 2011 6:02:28 PM


The EVGA card vents the air out the back of the case. That Ausus card vents the air into the case, yet it can be clocked higher due to a better cooling set up. If you have a case with good ventilation and a side fan then the Asus card will do just fine. A case like the Cooler Master HAF 922 has the option to add a 200mm side fan to it, and a 120/140mm fan on the bottom of that case.
August 13, 2011 1:58:35 PM

On more thing, I just noticed the case is not on stock, that could mean that they won't order 1 just for me.(Depends on the product tho) so I was wondering, could you recommand me a backup case, that would fit all my stuff.
Also a newegg link would be nice(cause they have those awesome video reviews)

Thanks.
August 13, 2011 6:03:24 PM

Okay, thanks for all the help. <3
a b 4 Gaming
August 14, 2011 3:26:51 AM

Looking at the specs (RPM), I would go for the Thermaltake 200mm and the Enermax
August 14, 2011 9:32:32 AM

I took the Thermalake, but got the Antec cause I trust them move over Enermax, also it has +50 rpm.
August 16, 2011 1:51:14 AM

I was browsing around the forum.

I found two interesting things:
Cooler Master 690 II Advanced - Cheaper then the HAF, better reviews.Should I swap it instead of the HAF?(Will it be compatible?(things fit))

And this MOBO:
Gigabyte Z68 B3 - Honestly I don't really trust ASUS, I would feel better with a gigabyte, also cheaper is always a plus.

So what do you think?
a b 4 Gaming
August 16, 2011 2:14:34 AM

AlExAlExAlEx said:
I was browsing around the forum.

I found two interesting things:
Cooler Master 690 II Advanced - Cheaper then the HAF, better reviews.Should I swap it instead of the HAF?(Will it be compatible?(things fit))

And this MOBO:
Gigabyte Z68 B3 - Honestly I don't really trust ASUS, I would feel better with a gigabyte, also cheaper is always a plus.

So what do you think?

That case is a good one...not as wide as the HAF, but it's decent size.

The Gigabyte board isn't going to o/c as high as that Asus, but it will get you to 4.2ghz.
August 16, 2011 2:23:29 AM

As long as all my stuff fits in the case, I'm happy.(11 coolers lol)
So I swapped the case.

I won't swat the MOBO.I intend to OC to minimum 4.5Ghz.
a b 4 Gaming
August 16, 2011 2:33:08 AM

AlExAlExAlEx said:
As long as all my stuff fits in the case, I'm happy.(11 coolers lol)
So I swapped the case.

I won't swat the MOBO.I intend to OC to minimum 4.5Ghz.


http://www.asrock.com/mb/overview.asp?Model=Z68%20Extre... <---- This board comes out on the market this week or next, and it will be cheaper than that Asus board.

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?2739...**Official**-Asrock-Z68-Gen3-Extreme7-amp-Extreme4-thread <----- You can see that board here also

http://www.asrock.com/mb/index.asp?s=1155 <----- All the boards on there that say "GEN3" are the new Asrock boards. Two of them are already on the market...the extreme4 GEN3 and the Fatal1ty GEN3. The rest of them come out this week and next week.
August 16, 2011 6:11:10 PM

It does not help me at all, searched the two new ones on emag.ro - no results.
And if some are coming up next week in the US, they'll be on emag.ro in about 2 months.(Yeah that sucks)
August 17, 2011 1:18:13 AM

I was browsing the store and noticed that for almost the same price, I could buy 1 GTX 580 instead of two 560 Ti's.
http://translate.google.ro/translate?js=n&prev=_t&hl=ro...

Now the thing is, this is the Gainward 3GB edition, so In my opinion..It would beat the 560 Ti's, and there is also more upgrade options, in 1 year I could add another 580 and still rock, with the 560 Ti's, I'd have to buy two new cards.
!