Status
Not open for further replies.

gamballerz

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2010
Hello,
I am a professional poker player from Seattle, WA and pokerstars.com just recently banned all players from real money who are from the state or WA. I am trying to find a VPN that will allow me to play poker at pokerstars.com. I have used StrongVPN but that product does not work for pokerstars. It just keeps trying to connect. Please help. Thank you

gamballerz

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2010
I did connect outside of WA via StrongVPN.com. I was connected to San Fran. CA. But this VPN does not work for some reason. pokerstars.com just gets stuck on the connecting to network status. I am willing to transfer fund or pay for a working solution. Thanks for any input.

It's always possible that PokerStar.com is aware of specific VPN servers and is blocking their respective IPs as well.

What I suggest is finding a friend outside WA who will let you use their VPN server. Obviously PokerStar.com can't detect individual VPN servers.

Or perhaps try the TOR network. TOR is an onion router. It’s similar to a VPN, but in this case, your traffic is sent through numerous servers before reaching the destination IP. Its purpose is anonymity. It’s much more difficult to determine the original source IP when the access path is so deep. It’s also FREE. But it comes at a price; performance. Obviously the more machines, the longer it will take. And since you’re leveraging peers (i.e., other TOR users), there’s no telling the performance and capacity of individual machines. Also, you can’t control the IP address of the last machine, it’s a bit of luck. But I would think/hope on average you would get an IP address that was highly unlikely to be on PokerStar.com’s blacklist.

The only thing you want to be careful with anytime you use a VPN server (even commercial services) or TOR is that you're using SSL, so at least you're assured your data stream cannot be eavesdropped by the endpoint.

P.S. I guess you could also use just a plain ol’ public proxy. You can usually finds lists of public proxies via Google, but they’re not always reliable (sometime they work, sometimes not), lists are not always current. That can be a headache if you need it on a daily basis. But it’s simple and cheap. Again, just be sure PokerStar.com is using SSL all the time so your traffic can’t be eavesdropped.

bksdesign

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2010

hey gamballerz how did you do it? I am in Olympia and Pokerstars wants to see my ID. can you run down the whole process? my email is boydkstacy@gmail.com
thanks

original-jedi

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2010

Hey guys, gamballerz, bksdesign, could you elaborate how you did that using those program, a walkthrou or something, would appreciate it, also on the same jam as you, my email Jackyandjoe@yahoo.com. thank you.

Even if you are able to bypass the ban by using a proxy the problem then becomes How do you load money into the account or receive payouts since all US banks can no longer send funds to them or receive funds from them so you will also need a method of getting your winnings sent to you. (and they will require some method of verifying you are the account holder so will probably only send the funds to whatever country your proxy says you are located in.)

BrendJD

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2011
I have success using kebrum vpn service for my poker playing. It really gives me a free way to any website I need and is really cheap. In your case you can use German, UK or Netherlands ip. You can visit kebrum.com and find detailed answers to all your questions.

Peter Vito

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2008

Hey B, I have an account with Pokerstars. Is Kebrum's speed fast enough for 4 tabling? Do I need to get a bank account outside the U.S.? You can email me at peter@theheartlandteam.com
Thanks

Blacklogic

Honorable
Feb 28, 2012

Hello Everyone,
We now offer a residential Canadian IP address for Poker player from the US.
https://www.blacklogic.com/poker-vpn

Status
Not open for further replies.