Sign in with
Your question

Dual monitor fail

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
June 8, 2011 8:36:33 AM

Hi all,

I'm running a Windows 7 64bit moderate spec pc. My graphics card is ATI HD 5570 (pretty budget but does what I need it for). I have 2 monitors and have trouble playing games like Age of Empires 2 and Roller Coaster Tycoon 2. The problem is that I only want to run the game full screen on one monitor and run iTunes in the other but when I run these games the resolution and colour of the other monitor get messed up. Also I am unable to move the mouse to the other screen.

Cheers

Mac

More about : dual monitor fail

June 8, 2011 8:54:44 AM

thats because your game has a smaller resolution than your monitor
so when you play the game in full screen it adjuts the first and second monitor to the resolution of the game messing up everything or making your itunes being somewhere else
and when you play full screen on a game no you cannot move your mouse to the second monitor... imagine if you were playing a fps game and your mouse just accidentally moved to the second monitor....
if you want to move your cursor to the second monitor you have to run in window mode or tab out of the full screen game...
to solve this issue just run the game in the same resolution as your monitor... other than that i dont know what to do
June 8, 2011 10:02:52 AM

Thanks for your reply. That makes sense. Any ideas on how to run those games in windowed mode? I've tried alt + enter are there any other ways like editing a config file etc.

Cheers
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
a b C Monitor
June 8, 2011 2:20:35 PM

They are both old games and neither supports running in windowed mode. Apparently there's a D3Dwindower that might do the trick, or run it in a VM.
August 11, 2011 5:57:57 AM

macgyverfan said:
Hi all,

I'm running a Windows 7 64bit moderate spec pc. My graphics card is ATI HD 5570 (pretty budget but does what I need it for). I have 2 monitors and have trouble playing games like Age of Empires 2 and Roller Coaster Tycoon 2. The problem is that I only want to run the game full screen on one monitor and run iTunes in the other but when I run these games the resolution and colour of the other monitor get messed up. Also I am unable to move the mouse to the other screen.

Cheers

Mac

Hello, I am trying to do what you are doing, but both my monitors are displaying the same image. I can't find the option to make them connect and extend. How did you do this?
!