Sign in with
Your question

Ati radeon hd 4870 x2 problems

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
June 8, 2011 9:03:54 AM

Hello,

I really need some help. I bought the ATI radeon hd 4870 x2 card and installed it on my computer. ive been using it for a while and i noticed that ive been only using 1 gb of the card. its supposed to be 2 gb cause its two graphic card in one. dont know if i need to use CRossfire cause i only have one card but as i said with two cards in it. please help me to get my graphic card up to speed :) 
a b U Graphics card
June 8, 2011 9:50:15 AM

lilljak said:
Hello,

I really need some help. I bought the ATI radeon hd 4870 x2 card and installed it on my computer. ive been using it for a while and i noticed that ive been only using 1 gb of the card. its supposed to be 2 gb cause its two graphic card in one. dont know if i need to use CRossfire cause i only have one card but as i said with two cards in it. please help me to get my graphic card up to speed :) 

make sure in catalyst control centre crossfire is enabled under xfire configuration
June 8, 2011 11:06:40 AM

thanks for helping :)  dont have any CRossfire tab in my control centre :)  im using vision controll center, maybe i need to download a new one?
Related resources
June 8, 2011 11:17:01 AM

dhicks19 said:
make sure in catalyst control centre crossfire is enabled under xfire configuration

I installed a new one and have crossfire tabs in it, but cant find anything with xfire or anything that i can change.
a b U Graphics card
June 8, 2011 11:44:29 AM

or this maybe the case:

Just like with any implementation of SLi and CrossFire, the physical amount of memory available might be 2GB, but this memory is divided and dedicated to each GPU, which is why it shows as 1GB.
a b U Graphics card
June 8, 2011 1:09:38 PM

have a look in control panel, system, device manager,then display adapter, see if 2 gpus show up
a b U Graphics card
June 9, 2011 7:51:02 AM

in which case your graphics card is fine, its just showing as 1gb as each gpu has 1gb assigned to it
June 9, 2011 12:48:20 PM

dhicks19 said:
in which case your graphics card is fine, its just showing as 1gb as each gpu has 1gb assigned to it

Well then, Thanks for your help. Really appreciate it :) 
a b U Graphics card
June 9, 2011 3:21:56 PM

no problem matey
!