Sign in with
Your question

Help! noob here. :|

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
June 8, 2011 11:02:25 AM

Hello there sirs, im planning to buy a new cpu coz my buddy p4 has already retired. :(  but whenever i try to consult somebody, a friend, a technician, a shop owner and any one else, they give me different oppinions and they all say that its the best. :| and that frustrates me. im not a hardcore gamer but i wanna play games such as nba 2k11, crysis, cod, nfs and cabal online. will this settings be enough?

mobo: Emaxx EMX-MCP61D3-iCafe
processor: amd x3 3.2 ghz
ram: 4gb
vga: gt430 or gt220 or hd4650 or gt9500 (w/c one is the best?)
case is still undecided. but thats already easy. :) 
i will only play on a maximum resolution of 1280*1024. its the maximum that my monitor can provide. :) 

please help me. thnx. :) 

More about : noob

a c 376 U Graphics card
June 8, 2011 11:56:46 AM

An HD5670 is generally a good choice for the money for that resolution and better than any of the cards you listed.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
June 8, 2011 12:14:48 PM

jyjjy said:
An HD5670 is generally a good choice for the money for that resolution and better than any of the cards you listed.

+1 . A 5670 DDR5 is a great option.

gt 220 or 9500 gt, are low end gpus. And GT 430 or 4650 are not powerful enough to play the latest games.

What´s your budget?

I would go also for an AMD X4.
m
l
Related resources
June 9, 2011 3:33:20 AM

Dominaz1 said:
+1 . A 5670 DDR5 is a great option.

gt 220 or 9500 gt, are low end gpus. And GT 430 or 4650 are not powerful enough to play the latest games.

What´s your budget?

I would go also for an AMD X4.

im a filipino and the prices here are diferent from the prices in us. so i dont think knowing my budget would be a lot of help. :| and also i saw a friend of mine who is playing crysis in the same resolution as mine and using gt430 and he is able to play with it in all high settings. and he is only using core 2 duo. and also in the computer shop where i use to play, they are using 9500gt and 2k11 runs smooth with high settings also. and i dont have lots of budget also. the specs that i listed as well as the video cards are the only options i have for my budget. and i wanna know w/c card suits my specs best. and if you want, you can also give me some advice to downgrade some of my specs and improve some so that i can build a better cpu w/ the same budget. thnx .. :) 
m
l
!