Http://www tomshardware com/forum/24120-42-computers

G

Hello,
i have bsnl broadband.Two computers are connected using router.if one is connected and we dial connection on other computer.it says line busy.how to connect both same time?

G

There's some confusion here. If you have two computers connected to the router (presumably via ethernet cable or wireless between the computers and the router) at what point will you be trying to "dial connection on other computer".

Perhaps you are having a problem dialling using a telephone which has not been connected via a DSL filter.

Or are you just mixing up your terminology and the issues is that only one computer can use the router at a time ?

In that case you need to stop using a fixed IP address on one of them and ensure that you Check TCP/IP Properties on both computers.

Start, Connect To, Connection, Properties, Scroll Down TCP/IP and highlight, click Properties and check that Obtain DNS and IP address automatically are enabled.

Aside from what fihart said, you can't dial out using one phone line, you need to add a second line. Of course it will say busy because it's in use by the other computer. Having a splitter or router does not make any difference.

Are you connecting to your broadband by using the Windows network setup and not a modem? Did you enter your logon info in Windows?

If so, it's an odd way to connect, if you have broadband you should have gotten a modem from your service providor.

G

On DSL broadband in the UK you certainly can use the phone at the same time as the computer. I suspect that's not the issue here. But until the OP replies clarifying, I don't see how either of us can really help.

On DSL broadband in the UK you certainly can use the phone at the same time as the computer. I suspect that's not the issue here. But until the OP replies clarifying, I don't see how either of us can really help.

He's saying he's trying to dial out on 2 computers, not phone. You shoud definately be able to use internet and phone on a DSL connection, but not if you are trying to dial out on one analog line on two devices.