Hi, I am looking for a new gaming pc since it has been 3 years.. I have made a i7-960 setup but I have seen these i7-2600k processors and such and its almost making me change my mind if its worth it? I dont want to do any overclocking since I do not know how. So I dont know what is better for me and in the future since this is my first custom pc (960 or 2600k). This is what I thought would be best for my budget on a 960 setup.
- Coolermaster HAF-X 942 Case
- Western Digital 1TB 7200 internal hard drive
- EVGA Superclocked 1.2GB GTX 570
- TEAC DVD/CD ROM Driver
- Corsair 850TX PSU
- Corsair Dominator (3 x 4 GB) DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) 12GB RAM
- ASUS Rampage III Extreme 1366 x58 chipset Motherboard
- Intel i7-960 3.2ghz 1366
- CoolerMaster V8 CPU Cooler
- Windows 7 64bit
Total: 1700ish on Newegg
If you have any suggestions or if you believe there is a better setup for my future setup (buying monday, its thursday today) I would like to know or if someone can post a beast i7-2600k for under the 1700$ price range if they think it would be better for gaming then the i7-960 so I can run bf3 when it comes out just fine that would be great.. Let me know thanks!
Ok well this is what I put in for parts for a i7-2600k build let me know if yay or nay!
- CoolerMaster HAF x 932 case
- LITE-ON DVD/CD Writer
- Western Digital 1TB 7200 rpm Hard Drive
- EVGA GTX 570 Superclocked 1.2GB
- Corsair 850TX v2 PSU
- Corsair Dominator (4 x 4 GB) 16GB DDR3 1333
- EVGA P67 FTW Motherboard
- Intel i7-2600k 3.4ghz
- CoolerMaster v8 CPU Cooler
- Windows 7
.. I dont know about the p67 z68 editions, but I want more performance in games then anything so I chose a p67 card i thought would do the trick it was either the FTW or the Asus Maximus not 100% sure.. I am not looking to overclock or nothing.. if there is any suggestions or if something seems off like it wont work this is my first custom pc build so feedback would be glady appreciated thanks!