shawnwright445

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2011
Well I built my computer 4 years ago, AMD Athon X2 5600, 4 GB ram, Geforce 8800 GTS 320MB. I'm thinking of buying a newer computer but I am concerned about the video card that comes with it, which is the ATI 6570 1 GB. I have been out of the video card "loop" for a while and need a little help. If the ATI card isn't that great than I may pass on the computer.

a 6570 is barley faster then your current gpu, it is in fact scrap by modern day comparison I would at least shoot for a 5770/6770 for an upgrade, just because it is a 6 series amd gpu does not mean its fast, I could barely even recommend that thing for light gaming by todays standards, the prebuilt rig sounds like an okay but for the same price you could assemble the same rig with a good gpu

$800 for a gaming system is quite a lot these days...

If your MoBo (mother board) is equiped with an AM2+ socket, you could just upgrade the CPU and get a beefier GPU and save A LOT of money.

Could you get the exact model of your MoBo? Maybe you don't need a whole new system at all. The Core i7 upgrade sounds cool, but for what you list, is kinda overpriced IMO.

Oh, and the 320MB of the 8800GTS is the factor that tells me it's going to perform under the 6570 in all scenarios, but don't have proof of it; just intuition, lol. Remember the 320 was very handicapped in both memory and gpu power. If it was a 512MB 8800GTS/GT it would be a different story.

Cheers!