No more Zelda for me

After smaching three controllers in under two hours, this game (Wind Waker)
is going back in it's box, never to see the light of day again.

TheLightsAreOn wrote:
> After smaching three controllers in under two hours, this game (Wind Waker)
> is going back in it's box, never to see the light of day again.

Windwaker is one of the easiest Zeldas to date. If you hate this, I know
you hated all of the others.

> TheLightsAreOn wrote:
>> After smaching three controllers in under two hours, this game (Wind
>> Waker) is going back in it's box, never to see the light of day
>> again.
>
> Windwaker is one of the easiest Zeldas to date. If you hate this, I
> know
> you hated all of the others.

I don't hate it. I just can't play it. I am finding it too hard to see what
is going on. Just once, I wish a boss fight would take place in something
larger than a shoe box. I can't fight what I can't see.

These problems did not exist in the first three (non-3D), and I haven't
played the 2 N64 ones yet.

"TheLightsAreOn" <fake@thisaddress.com> wrote in message news:Xns95D6C5D64B079fakethisaddresscom@216.196.97.136...
> After smaching three controllers in under two hours, this game (Wind Waker)
> is going back in it's box, never to see the light of day again.

Never "smach" your controller. Otherwise, you may have had fun.

"TheLightsAreOn" <fake@thisaddress.com> wrote in message news:Xns95D6DFD93452Efakethisaddresscom@216.196.97.136...
> > TheLightsAreOn wrote:
> >> After smaching three controllers in under two hours, this game (Wind
> >> Waker) is going back in it's box, never to see the light of day
> >> again.
> >
> > Windwaker is one of the easiest Zeldas to date. If you hate this, I
> > know
> > you hated all of the others.
> >

> I don't hate it. I just can't play it. I am finding it too hard to see what
> is going on. Just once, I wish a boss fight would take place in something
> larger than a shoe box. I can't fight what I can't see.
>
> These problems did not exist in the first three (non-3D), and I haven't
> played the 2 N64 ones yet.

You *should* play the N64 versions. OOT is probably the best Zelda
to date, IMHO, and maybe the opinion of many.

"TheLightsAreOn" <fake@thisaddress.com> wrote in message
>> TheLightsAreOn wrote:
>>> After smaching three controllers in under two hours, this game (Wind
>>> Waker) is going back in it's box, never to see the light of day
>>> again.
>>
>> Windwaker is one of the easiest Zeldas to date. If you hate this, I
>> know
>> you hated all of the others.
>>

> I don't hate it. I just can't play it. I am finding it too hard to see
> what
> is going on. Just once, I wish a boss fight would take place in something
> larger than a shoe box. I can't fight what I can't see.
>
> These problems did not exist in the first three (non-3D), and I haven't
> played the 2 N64 ones yet.

I never played a Zelda game before WW, and I beat the game with few
problems... I suggest checking out the walkthroughs on
http://www.gamefaqs.com to get you over the rough spots... it's a very
satisfying gaming experience.

TheLightsAreOn wrote:
> After smaching three controllers in under two hours, this game (Wind Waker)
> is going back in it's box, never to see the light of day again.

If you are destroying controllers playing a relatively easy Zelda,
perhaps you have other issues you need to address....

On Thu, 06 Jan 2005 21:26:52 -0600, TheLightsAreOn
<fake@thisaddress.com> thought hard and said:

>After smaching three controllers in under two hours, this game (Wind Waker)
>is going back in it's box, never to see the light of day again.

Ah, come on. Wind Waker was easy!
What seems to be troubling you?
--
-Daniel "Mr. Brevity" Kolle; 16 A.A. #2035
Koji Kondo, Yo-Yo Ma, Gustav Mahler, Krzysztof Penderecki, and Geirr Tveitt are my Gods.

"Michael J. Sherman" <msherman@dsbox.com> wrote in message
> TheLightsAreOn wrote:
>> After smaching three controllers in under two hours, this game (Wind
>> Waker) is going back in it's box, never to see the light of day again.
>
> If you are destroying controllers playing a relatively easy Zelda, perhaps
> you have other issues you need to address....

Give Action Replay a try for WW - if you are frustrated with parts of it,
you can turn on some 'cheats' that make it fun again. A game is not worth
the effort if you just get frustrated with it. You can also turn the cheats
back off if they make the game too easy for you. Don't listen to anyone
giving you a hard time because the game is "easy" the point is the game
should be enjoyable and if it isn't then see if something like Action Replay
makes it more enjoyable for you.

> "Michael J. Sherman" <msherman@dsbox.com> wrote in message
>> TheLightsAreOn wrote:
>>> After smaching three controllers in under two hours, this game (Wind
>>> Waker) is going back in it's box, never to see the light of day
>>> again.
>>
>> If you are destroying controllers playing a relatively easy Zelda,
>> perhaps you have other issues you need to address....
>
> Give Action Replay a try for WW - if you are frustrated with parts of
> it, you can turn on some 'cheats' that make it fun again. A game is
> not worth the effort if you just get frustrated with it. You can also
> turn the cheats back off if they make the game too easy for you. Don't
> listen to anyone giving you a hard time because the game is "easy" the
> point is the game should be enjoyable and if it isn't then see if
> something like Action Replay makes it more enjoyable for you.

The number one thing that was getting to me was anytime you move into
first person (arrows, boomerangs...), you still get attacked and can not
do anything about it. I know I will get laughed stating that, but that
is it. I was in the Wind Temple (actually fighting the Sand Worm thing)
when I retired the game. I would get the splash icon telling me the hook
shot had a lock, but would only hit air. after seven deaths (each time
using all four faries in jars) and getting only one volly of hits in -
TOTAL, I decided that was enough.

I am playing my import Shikigami no Shiro II for now. This game is
kicking my butt, but at least I can see what is killing me, and am able
to progress a little farther each time I play.

>> "Michael J. Sherman" <msherman@dsbox.com> wrote in message
>>>
>>> If you are destroying controllers playing a relatively easy Zelda,
>>> perhaps you have other issues you need to address....
>>
>> Give Action Replay a try for WW - if you are frustrated with parts of
>> it, you can turn on some 'cheats' that make it fun again. A game is
>> not worth the effort if you just get frustrated with it. You can also
>> turn the cheats back off if they make the game too easy for you. Don't
>> listen to anyone giving you a hard time because the game is "easy" the
>> point is the game should be enjoyable and if it isn't then see if
>> something like Action Replay makes it more enjoyable for you.
>>

> The number one thing that was getting to me was anytime you move into
> first person (arrows, boomerangs...), you still get attacked and can not
> do anything about it. I know I will get laughed stating that, but that
> is it. I was in the Wind Temple (actually fighting the Sand Worm thing)
> when I retired the game. I would get the splash icon telling me the hook
> shot had a lock, but would only hit air. after seven deaths (each time
> using all four faries in jars) and getting only one volly of hits in -
> TOTAL, I decided that was enough.

So don't go into 1st person. Use the L Targeting like they teach you in the
first ten minutes of the game.

> "TheLightsAreOn" <fake@thisaddress.com> wrote in message
>>>
>>> "Michael J. Sherman" <msherman@dsbox.com> wrote in message

>>> Give Action Replay a try for WW - if you are frustrated with parts
>>> of it, you can turn on some 'cheats' that make it fun again. A game
>>> is not worth the effort if you just get frustrated with it. You can
>>> also turn the cheats back off if they make the game too easy for
>>> you. Don't listen to anyone giving you a hard time because the game
>>> is "easy" the point is the game should be enjoyable and if it isn't
>>> then see if something like Action Replay makes it more enjoyable for
>>> you.
>>>

>> The number one thing that was getting to me was anytime you move into
>> first person (arrows, boomerangs...), you still get attacked and can
>> not do anything about it. I know I will get laughed stating that, but
>> that is it. I was in the Wind Temple (actually fighting the Sand Worm
>> thing) when I retired the game. I would get the splash icon telling
>> me the hook shot had a lock, but would only hit air. after seven
>> deaths (each time using all four faries in jars) and getting only one
>> volly of hits in - TOTAL, I decided that was enough.
>
> So don't go into 1st person. Use the L Targeting like they teach you
> in the first ten minutes of the game.

When L Targeting, I could never aim (line up) right. This is the main
reason I can not play ANY First Person game. My brain will not process
"Left Hand move body-Right Hand move eyes".

Trex

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2004

"TheLightsAreOn" <fake@thisaddress.com> wrote in message

>> "Michael J. Sherman" <msherman@dsbox.com> wrote in message
>>>
>>> If you are destroying controllers playing a relatively easy Zelda,
>>> perhaps you have other issues you need to address....
>>
>> Give Action Replay a try for WW - if you are frustrated with parts of
>> it, you can turn on some 'cheats' that make it fun again. A game is
>> not worth the effort if you just get frustrated with it. You can also
>> turn the cheats back off if they make the game too easy for you. Don't
>> listen to anyone giving you a hard time because the game is "easy" the
>> point is the game should be enjoyable and if it isn't then see if
>> something like Action Replay makes it more enjoyable for you.
>>

> The number one thing that was getting to me was anytime you move into
> first person (arrows, boomerangs...), you still get attacked and can not
> do anything about it. I know I will get laughed stating that, but that
> is it. I was in the Wind Temple (actually fighting the Sand Worm thing)
> when I retired the game. I would get the splash icon telling me the hook
> shot had a lock, but would only hit air. after seven deaths (each time
> using all four faries in jars) and getting only one volly of hits in -
> TOTAL, I decided that was enough.

The key to killing the worm is this......... kill the little stinkers
first.... once you kill the 3 small worms, then the big daddy is easy
pickings. Just make sure you keep far enough back to run away if you miss
when you try to hook him. If you get too close, then before you can run, he
will snap you.

Do it, I think 3 times, and he is toast.

Once you've done this once, you will find it incredibly easy when you repeat
it at the end of the game. You will.

T-Rex

TheLightsAreOn wrote:

> > "TheLightsAreOn" <fake@thisaddress.com> wrote in message

Zelda,

> >> The number one thing that was getting to me was anytime you move
into
> >> first person (arrows, boomerangs...), you still get attacked and
can
> >> not do anything about it. I know I will get laughed stating that,
but
> >> that is it. I was in the Wind Temple (actually fighting the Sand
Worm
> >> thing) when I retired the game. I would get the splash icon
telling
> >> me the hook shot had a lock, but would only hit air. after seven
> >> deaths (each time using all four faries in jars) and getting only
one
> >> volly of hits in - TOTAL, I decided that was enough.
> >
> > So don't go into 1st person. Use the L Targeting like they teach
you
> > in the first ten minutes of the game.
> >

> When L Targeting, I could never aim (line up) right. This is the main

> reason I can not play ANY First Person game. My brain will not
process
> "Left Hand move body-Right Hand move eyes".

Just a side note not related to Zelda, a majority of FPS games do
support a left-handed (or southpaw) control scheme (where you move with
the right stick but aim with the left stick).

Robert P Holley wrote:
> TheLightsAreOn wrote:

>>When L Targeting, I could never aim (line up) right. This is the main
>

>>reason I can not play ANY First Person game. My brain will not
>
> process
>
>>"Left Hand move body-Right Hand move eyes".
>

> Just a side note not related to Zelda, a majority of FPS games do
> support a left-handed (or southpaw) control scheme (where you move with
> the right stick but aim with the left stick).

That's the way I have to play, if a game doesn't have the option, I
won't play it.

--
Scott

Game Pilgrimage
http://users4.ev1.net/~sheath

>> "TheLightsAreOn" <fake@thisaddress.com> wrote in message

>>> The number one thing that was getting to me was anytime you move into
>>> first person (arrows, boomerangs...), you still get attacked and can
>>> not do anything about it. I know I will get laughed stating that, but
>>> that is it. I was in the Wind Temple (actually fighting the Sand Worm
>>> thing) when I retired the game. I would get the splash icon telling
>>> me the hook shot had a lock, but would only hit air. after seven
>>> deaths (each time using all four faries in jars) and getting only one
>>> volly of hits in - TOTAL, I decided that was enough.
>>
>> So don't go into 1st person. Use the L Targeting like they teach you
>> in the first ten minutes of the game.
>>

> When L Targeting, I could never aim (line up) right. This is the main
> reason I can not play ANY First Person game. My brain will not process
> "Left Hand move body-Right Hand move eyes".

Wait, wait... I'm confused. When you L-Target something, it automatically
locks on to the bad guy and all you have to do is hit the action button to
make the item do its thing. What's the problem? o_O