USB problem

vilenjan

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2010
In the past weeks have run in to a weird glitch in my brothers PC. Sometimes (not always) when I turn on the PC the USB ports will not recognize any device I connected to them or any device I try to connect (mouse/keyboard/flash drive). Unplugging all USB devices and restarting the PC solves the problem. Had this happen 3 times now in the past 7 days.

The PC is: Phenom X6 1055t, Asus M4A88TDM mobo, 8GB of DDR3 ram, an Asus 7850, with Win8 Pro 64 bit.

The last hardware change made was about 3 months ago with the addition of the 7850. The Bios on the mobo is stock, about 2 weeks ago he replaced the Microsoft 2000 keyboard with an identical new one (this would be the latest change to the system).

Usually he has a USB keyboard (the MS 2000), a usb mouse (Logitech g500), as a well as a pair of USB to micro and mini cables for external hard drive and phone connectivity.

I am a little puzzled, is the new keyboard causing these problems (this started to happen about a week after he started using it), or is it something more serious and related to my USB controller?

TRENDING THREADS