Sign in with
Your question

Graphic errors

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
June 8, 2011 5:46:37 PM

Hello, I'm George and I have a small problem.

My computer specs are Intel I5, Quad Core 3.2Ghz, 2 Gb of ram, Nvidia Driver GeForce GT240, Windows XP Service Pack 3. I have a monitor of 18.5 of 17.5 I don't remember, but it's resolution is 1440.

I get a lot of graphic errors when I play games for example when I play Oblivion, at some random point, the game freezes for a few seconds, then it changes every texture with any other random texture resulting in gibberish, making it impossible to see, but if I press ALT-Tab then open task manager, then Bring To Front Oblivion, the textures are getting back to normal, but it repeats the process later. As for other games as Minecraft it freezes completely and gets blue with pink and green lines and points all over the screen, and I have to restart after.

Any idea what could be wrong?
I reinstalled the windows, I have latest NVIDIA Driver 270. I clean my registry with CCleaner and Registry Cleaner. Those games are all patched to latest version, nod mods or texture packs. I also get same errors with other games.

Sorry for my english and for this long post.

Thanks! George

More about : graphic errors

June 8, 2011 6:04:12 PM

Here are a few things you can do:

Find a Graphics Card that you can borrow, or buy one from the store and return it when you're done (If it turns out to not be the Graphics Card), and swap them out. Install the necessary drivers, and play Oblivion. If the issue happens again, you know it's not the Graphics Card and you can return the one you borrowed. If it doesn't, you fixed the problem.

Another problem could be that it's your PCI slot on your machine, so a quick fix might just be to pop it into a different slot. If that works, then it's your Motherboard.

Those are two things you can try.
a b Î Nvidia
June 8, 2011 6:11:47 PM

Any Event Viewer messages ?
June 9, 2011 8:49:20 AM

Interesting, well I will try to borrow a new graphics card and see if that works, my guess is that this card might be damaged.

Thanks for the info, when I am done I will reply back.
!