Total: 19 votes (7 blank votes)

• Yes
  • 50 %
  • Absolutely
  • 50 %
a b à CPUs
November 10, 2011 12:38:25 AM

FYI- there is NO Phenom II 955 test data in the link you provided. :non: 

It looks like you have an ax to grind. People buy what makes them happy, not what makes you happy. ;) 

I don't see a lot of Phenom IIs OC'ing to 4.6 GHz. at the default voltage with the OE HSF. How about you?

http://www.legitreviews.com/article/1766/16/

Cheers.
a b à CPUs
November 10, 2011 1:10:02 AM

With gaming at 1080p any el cheapo cpu will do regardless of who made it. I3, x4 etc etc
Related resources
a b à CPUs
November 10, 2011 1:12:32 AM

It gets beaten by a A8.

PhII X4 > A8
a b à CPUs
November 10, 2011 1:49:55 AM

and the 1100t kills the 955x4 and will continue to do so , and as software develops will beat it by a wider margin . Your point ?
November 10, 2011 1:51:50 AM

gnomio said:
With gaming at 1080p any el cheapo cpu will do regardless of who made it. I3, x4 etc etc

100% right, there is a 2% difference in framerate in metro 2033 from the 1100T to the i7-2600k, that difference probably scales the same way with most quad core processors, a few percent slower than the top end.
November 10, 2011 1:55:03 AM

beenthere said:

It looks like you have an ax to grind. People buy what makes them happy, not what makes you happy. ;) 

I don't see a lot of Phenom IIs OC'ing to 4.6 GHz. at the default voltage with the OE HSF. How about you?

Cheers.

they should just buy a 2500k , they will have a much better cpu
November 10, 2011 2:04:20 AM

beenthere said:

Cheers.

"We quickly found out that the FX-4100 was priced this low as it needed to be. The performance of the FX-4100 wasn't awful, but we didn't expect to see the AMD A6-3650 running at 2.6GHz to beat the AMD FX-4100 running at 3.6GHz in benchmarks like POV-Ray and Cinebench!"

from your link. Cheers.
a b à CPUs
November 10, 2011 2:34:19 AM

jerry6 said:
and the 1100t kills the 955x4 and will continue to do so , and as software develops will beat it by a wider margin . Your point ?

Same price range. You can easily find the Phenom II X4 for the same price as the FX-4100.

Homeboy2 said:
"We quickly found out that the FX-4100 was priced this low as it needed to be. The performance of the FX-4100 wasn't awful, but we didn't expect to see the AMD A6-3650 running at 2.6GHz to beat the AMD FX-4100 running at 3.6GHz in benchmarks like POV-Ray and Cinebench!"

from your link. Cheers.

That's what I needed :p .
a b à CPUs
November 10, 2011 2:36:11 AM

Homeboy2 said:
they should just buy a 2500k , they will have a much better cpu

$210 - Intel Core i5-2500 + The Geforce GTX 560 Ti ($220+) = $430
$105 Amd X4 955be + GTX 570 $339 = $444

Which system will give you better performance in gaming?
a b à CPUs
November 10, 2011 2:39:35 AM

Does the A6-3650 OC to 4.6 GHz. at the default voltage with the OE HSF? I didn't think so. :non: 

For the technically and socially challenged... and there seems to be several people who fit that description that go from AMD FX thread to FX thread or H2O CLC thread to CLC threads or start their own pissfest FX threads...

My FX-4100 thread states that the FX-4100 CPU is a good OVERCLOCKING CPU for those who want to play around with maximum OC'ing.

No where did I compare the performance of the FX-4100 to ANY OTHER CPU. All I stated was this FX-4100 would probably make a lot of people happy who like to OC.

If you're too technically challenged to understand the above or just hating because of personal issues, nothing will change by bashing me or the FX-4100. It's still a fun CPU for the OC'ing and when you can start at 4.6 GHz. at the default voltage, you might even hit 5.0 GHz. with a good HSF and some additional voltage.

Enjoy and ignore the technical ignorance posted by the haters who can't deal with reality. Hating does not change reality.

P.S. The bold type is for the reading impaired who didn't understand the original thread I posted on the FX-4100 being a good OC'ing CPU.
November 10, 2011 2:52:28 AM

beenthere said:
Does the A6-3650 OC to 4.6 GHz. at the default voltage with the OE HSF? I didn't think so. :non: 

For the technically and socially challenged... and there seems to be several people who fit that description that go from AMD FX thread to FX thread or H2O CLC thread to CLC threads or start their own pissfest FX threads...

My FX-4100 thread states that the FX-4100 CPU is a good OVERCLOCKING CPU for those who want to play around with maximum OC'ing.

No where did I compare the performance of the FX-4100 to ANY OTHER CPU. All I stated was this FX-4100 would probably make a lot of people happy who like to OC.

If you're too technically challenged to understand the above or just hating because of personal issues, nothing will change by bashing me or the FX-4100. It's still a fun CPU for the OC'ing and when you can start at 4.6 GHz. at the default voltage, you might even hit 5.0 GHz. with a good HSF and some additional voltage.

Enjoy and ignore the technical ignorance posted by the haters who can't deal with reality. Hating does not change reality.

P.S. The bold type is for the reading impaired who didn't understand the original thread I posted on the FX-4100 being a good OC'ing CPU.

If you just want to overclock, I think I still have a celeron 300 I'll sell you cheap, can hit 450mz easy.
a b à CPUs
November 10, 2011 2:59:14 AM

jerry6 said:

try the other way around Yosemite Noob Sam. the phenom II x6 are a waste of money for a gaming CPU considering the P-II x4 often give higher single core performance (see the facts in the link). By the time any game needs six cores, those CPUs will be too ancient to be of use.

What of the Phenom II X6? Well, games largely don’t seem to utilize more than four threads at a time. The final results suffer a little from the curious issue this processor suffers when playing F1 2010, but even when this game isn't taken into account the results are identical to a cheaper Phenom II X4. I suppose users who do a lot of media encoding and heavy threading will want to consider the AMD’s hexa-core architecture. However, from a purely gaming perspective, this CPU doesn’t have a lot to offer.

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/best-gaming-cpu-cor...
a c 79 à CPUs
November 10, 2011 4:07:21 AM

beenthere said:

there doesnt need to be, its faster than the A8, but slower than the 980BE, which are all faster than the 4100. I don't have an axe to grind I just dont want people to waste their money by getting misinformation about clock speeds being the only factor to buy a cpu. People who like to overclock still shouldn't buy it because it is still slow when overclocked.
and overclocking - fx4100 3.6 - 4.6 ghz is a 78% overclock. A phenom II 955 at 3.2 can OC to 4ghz quite easily, thats an 80% overclock.

Anyway mods, I would like this thread closed its creating too much tension. It probably wasnt a good idea in the first place, I didn't think i would get this many responses and people would ignore it, just wanted to make a point.
a b à CPUs
November 10, 2011 4:41:05 AM

dirtyferret said:
try the other way around Yosemite Noob Sam. the phenom II x6 are a waste of money for a gaming CPU considering the P-II x4 often give higher single core performance (see the facts in the link). By the time any game needs six cores, those CPUs will be too ancient to be of use.

What of the Phenom II X6? Well, games largely don’t seem to utilize more than four threads at a time. The final results suffer a little from the curious issue this processor suffers when playing F1 2010, but even when this game isn't taken into account the results are identical to a cheaper Phenom II X4. I suppose users who do a lot of media encoding and heavy threading will want to consider the AMD’s hexa-core architecture. However, from a purely gaming perspective, this CPU doesn’t have a lot to offer.

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/best-gaming-cpu-cor...

more to life than GAMES JACKALOPE ! Some people actually WORK with their computers you BOOB
a b à CPUs
November 10, 2011 3:43:25 PM

jerry6 said:
more to life than GAMES JACKALOPE ! Some people actually WORK with their computers you BOOB

perhaps you should spend some money on a new keyboard, your caps lock key seems to be broken.
a b à CPUs
November 11, 2011 5:14:12 AM

This topic has been closed by Proximon
!