andy2509

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2011
Hello all. Thanks in advance for the help, glad to be a part of this community.

First off, here are my specs:
CPU // Intel i7-2600
Motherboard // Asus P8Z68 V-Pro
Memory // Corsair Vengeance 4GB DDR3 1600
Video // MSI Twin Frozr N250GTS
HDD // WD 600GB VelociRaptor
PSU // Corsair AX850

I'm no expert but I'm no layman. This computer is all new (except for the video card) as of December of last year. I am dealing with a custom built desktop that fails to boot up reliably (meaning every time on the first go), with any video card plugged into any PCI slot.

I initally assumed video card. I swapped out my video card with an identical card, same problem. I tried both cards in different PCI slots. Push the power button, computer runs for ~4/9 seconds, then shuts off, and restarts successfully the second time around. I can usually then get into Windows fine and fiddle around - It will eventually restart however.

It seems as if I'm looking at a corrupted board or faulty PSU, even though they are 7 months old... And help anyone?

andy2509

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2011
I have reset BIOS to default, I will now update them I have not tried HWMonitor Memtest... not sure what I would be looking for if I'm honest. I've disabled automatic restarts under the Startup & Recovery section... I will now use the computer and see if I can get it to fail. If it does, hopefully I will get an error message at the BSOD.

andy2509

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2011
Thanks for your help.

I am letting a memory test complete right now, but will look into that afterwards. However, this hasn't been an issue in the last 7-8 months... do you think it could really come to be an issue now?