Would this setup be any good setup for mid level gaming?

Python93

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2011
Hi, I need to do an upgrade to my pc and after looking for cpu/motherboard combos I came across this bundle "ASUS M4A88T-M 880G/SB710 Micro ATX Motherboard with AMD Athlon II X3 440 Processor". My main question is is this a decent bundle and would it be able to handle gaming well alongside a ATI Radeon 5670 1GB or possibly a 5770 depending on budget at the time. I'll also be putting in 8gb of DDR3 ram. I believe it should do just fine but would like your thoughts on the subject.
Oh, I'll be using a 600w PSU as well, so more than adequate for the GPU.
Thank you

lp231

Splendid
In this day and age, it's better off you go with a quad. AMD quad cores are really cheap therefore it won't bit a huge chunk out of your budget.
For ram start with 4GB and go to 8GB if it doesn't pass your spending limit.
Get a HD5770 over a HD5670 but a better GPU will be HD6790 and HD6850.
600 is plenty for this setup and go with well know brands.

How much are you willing to spend, what are your current specs?

Python93

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2011
My budget is about £500 and after looking around the components I metioned I could get either within or just slightly over the budget. I'm currently running on a crappy x2 220 and using intergreted graphics due to the fact that the motherboard I currently have doesnt have any pci-e x16 ports. To stay in budget I would need to get a motherboard/cpu bundle and the one mentioned was 2nd most expensive at £160. The only thing I could really salvage from my current machine is my hard drive and the 3GB DD3 RAM I have.