Good motherboard for gaming?

KayHai

Honorable
Aug 10, 2012
So I want to start building a PC and dont know what kind of mother board I should get.

I will only spend 100$ at most, and thats still cutting it thin.

also it doesnt need a good integrated video card because I already have a geforce gt 430. (plays skyrim on high, good enough for me)

and what would be a good cpu for the MB you suggest? remember, im POOR

Smeg45

Honorable
Mar 9, 2012
That CPU will collapse under any heavy multitasking or encoding and that mobo is as poor quality as you can get. The question is what PC do you want build for what task? Then you base your mobo decision around that.

G

and why not?
Best Gaming CPU: $100 And Under
Best Gaming CPU for ~$70: Pentium G630
Best Gaming CPU for $100: Pentium G870

Benchmark Results: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
Skyrim.png

though is the $100 budget just the motherboard or does it need to include a cpu; that was asked and you did not answer.

drums101

Distinguished

Hey man you dont have too much choice if you budget is only $100 for cpu and board....if you can please clarify if that budget is indeed for both board and cpu or just cpu we can help you better

KayHai

Honorable
Aug 10, 2012

sorry, I ment 100$ separately for mobo and CPU, I was hoping for an AMD or at least a quad core.

merry1shah

Honorable
Aug 16, 2012
Think wise and think ahead a little when you're choosing the best gaming motherboard for your PC.
If you want your motherboard to last more, then I would recommend you choose a decent quality mainboard that has been released recently.
Depending the games you play, you may want to choose a gaming motherboard according to your needs.
If the games that you play require lot of graphics processing power, get motherboards that support 16x PCI-Express slot and SLI or Crossfire technology.

Since the motherboard is so crucial to your system, buying the best gaming motherboard you can afford can be considered a good investment--and you will want a gaming mainboard that will last. Best gaming motherboards available right now have high performance and a good value for money.

IGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3 AM3+ AMD 990FX SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard

KayHai

Honorable
Aug 10, 2012
Thanks for the help, but ive decided to go with a combo newegg was having. AMD Llano 3850.

Drums101, Im gonna use that combo the next time I build one. Thanks!