Need help with a graphics card!

My card recently burned out and I need a new one! The card that burned out as a Nvidia 7600GT. I need some help on buying one because I'm noob and I do not want to blow up my computer!!!! I want something a little better then my previous card or about the same specs just want something decent and cheap! Also I want to be able to dual monitor too!! Thanks a lot and here are my system specs! Also my PSU is only 350 watts too! My budget is around 70 or less!

Time of this report: 6/8/2011, 17:14:51
Machine name: ELSOM-PC
Operating System: Windows 7 Enterprise 32-bit (6.1, Build 7600) (7600.win7_gdr.110408-1633)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: INTEL_
System Model: DG965SS_
BIOS: Default System BIOS
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU 4300 @ 1.80GHz (2 CPUs), ~1.8GHz
Memory: 3072MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 3046MB RAM
Page File: 1167MB used, 4922MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
DxDiag Version: 6.01.7600.16385 32bit Unicode
13 answers Last reply
More about need graphics card
  1. 9800gt 512mb
  2. this defeats my budget!!! ahhhhhhh that card is close to 100!! lol
  3. HD 5670 for $63 after rebate. It is more powerful that what you have and it used less electricity.

    This is a PCI-e 2.0 card and it will work fine in a PCI-e 1.x slot. Your motherboard is relatively old so it probably does not have a PCI-e 2.0 slot. A PCI-e 2.1 version of the HD 5670 (or any PCI-e 2.1 card) can have some compatibility issues with a PCI-e 1.x slot.

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102870&cm_re=hd_5670-_-14-102-870-_-Product
  4. jaguarskx said:
    HD 5670 for $63 after rebate. It is more powerful that what you have and it used less electricity.

    This is a PCI-e 2.0 card and it will work fine in a PCI-e 1.x slot. Your motherboard is relatively old so it probably does not have a PCI-e 2.0 slot. A PCI-e 2.1 version of the HD 5670 (or any PCI-e 2.1 card) can have some compatibility issues with a PCI-e 1.x slot.

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102870&cm_re=hd_5670-_-14-102-870-_-Product

    Sounds risky to buy this card to have compatibility issues... What do you recommended? New computer?
  5. Also I do not need anything fancy just want something compatible with my mobo!
  6. Only a PCI-e 2.1 card may have issues in a PCI-e 1.x slot.

    A PCI-e 2.0 card will be fine in a PCI-e 1.x slot. I know since my HD 5850 is a PCI-e 2.0 card, but my ABit IP35Pro only has a PCI-e 1.x slot.

    A totally new computer will be the better option, but it will also be a more expensive option. Therefore, it depends on what your budget is. Off the top of my head, I think $600 is a reasonable budget for a decent new PC. It might end up being a little less or a little more.
  7. Dang 600 really can't do that right now... What are the chances of of having compatibility issues? Your computer sounds like there are no issues using a PCI-e 2.0 card in a PCI-e 1.x slot.
  8. No issues.

    Just avoid PCI-e 2.1 cards and you'll be fine.
  9. Trying to look for it on amazon but cannot find it. Also can this dual monitor?
  10. Why not just buy it from Newegg using the link I provided?

    AMD have stopped manufacturing PCI-e 2.0 video cards. All current Radeon HD 6xxx cards are PCI-e 2.1 video cards. The stock of PCI-e 2.0 Radeons are drying up because of people who are in your situation (an me as well), who wants to upgrade their older video card, but the motherboard only has a PCI-e 1.x slot. And also due to some people who are just looking for bargains.

    All video cards can handle two monitors.
  11. jaguarskx said:
    Why not just buy it from Newegg using the link I provided?

    AMD have stopped manufacturing PCI-e 2.0 video cards. All current Radeon HD 6xxx cards are PCI-e 2.1 video cards. The stock of PCI-e 2.0 Radeons are drying up because of people who are in your situation (an me as well), who wants to upgrade their older video card, but the motherboard only has a PCI-e 1.x slot. And also due to some people who are just looking for bargains.

    All video cards can handle two monitors.

    The picture at the newegg link has only one slot to plug in a pci cable
  12. WongTongSoup said:
    this defeats my budget!!! ahhhhhhh that card is close to 100!! lol

    I'll sell you mine for 50 :)
  13. nitric0 said:
    I'll sell you mine for 50 :)

    christmas gift?? :P
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Graphics Product