Which one should I buy?

Zaker172

Honorable
Jul 12, 2012
Giga Byte GA-Z77X-D3H or Asrock Z77 Extreme4
I really don't know which one is better.
I'm building my system from scratch. I will use it mostly for gaming. Will add a second gtx 670 to it later. Won't overclock from the start but I want to keep the option open. All I'm looking for is stability. My old pc(7 years) only had problems with hdd once. And with building a new system I'm worried about that I will get unlucky with DOA's or something will break down in a couple of months. The worst is I live in Latvia where everything is majorly(Is the spelling correct?) overpiced.(i5 3570k-280 bucks) I don't really care which one has more SATA ports or whatever.
Thanks! :sweat:

edtheguy

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2012
They are both good boards. I have seen the Extreme 4 recommended often on these forums and I just completed a build for my son two months ago with a 3570k and a 670 using the D3H based on recommendations here and on other forums. The D3H was easy to build with and has operated flawlessly from day one, so you would probably be fine with either one.

Zaker172

Honorable
Jul 12, 2012

Easy to build? Great, because I'm a first time builder :) Will probably go with the gigabyte board and the gigabyte gtx 670 OC version :)