Which motherboard?????????????????

ultimoreymistico

Honorable
Aug 4, 2012
HELLO GUYZ, i have a simple question for you all ......... i want to know if there is any other way of knowing which motherboard we have just by seeing the motherboard and not even seeing the processor or the BIOS. a little help would be good too........... :s

akxpckwb

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2012
CPUZ is very small (less than 10MB if I'm not mistaken) and free so it would be the faster choice. Anyway the model should be on the front side where the components are. Example: http://www.poeartry-combo.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/2.jpg
Open that image. To the left of the CPU socket you will notice the brand (Gigabyte) and the model (PG7X). They are sometimes located near the RAM slots or the PCI slots. You just have to search

ultimoreymistico

Honorable
Aug 4, 2012
hey akxpckwb i have dell boards so they dont have model number written on them usually (because they buy boards from intel) so i have the model list for intel and i have the list which also tells what parts are in which model and i will match it with dells boards .....................................hows my idea?

akxpckwb

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2012
Oh it's OEM. In that case if you know the computer model (HP pavilion for instance) you can go to the manufacturer's website and it will probably be there.
Your idea to cross reference lists could work too I think