Monitor shows no signal

starravier

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2011
OK so heres the deal i took my dads old computer. It was working just fine at the time. So i took it because he was upgrading computers. So anyways i set up his new comp. PC building intrigues me for some reason so i got into when he was upgrading. Anyways the computer that was working was disconnected so we could move hard drives and set up the new comp. So the dead one was down for a day. So we finished the new one and i took the old one put in a brand new 6790 ati gpu. But now it shows no signal on the monitor. Im about to switch to an older gpu, then an older cpu to see but what else could i do

starravier

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2011
OK so heres the deal i took my dads old computer. It was working just fine at the time. So i took it because he was upgrading computers. So anyways i set up his new comp. PC building intrigues me for some reason so i got into when he was upgrading. Anyways the computer that was working was disconnected so we could move hard drives and set up the new comp. So the dead one was down for a day. So we finished the new one and i took the old one put in a brand new 6790 ati gpu. But now it shows no signal on the monitor. Im about to switch to an older gpu, then an older cpu to see but what else could i do

G

This topic has been moved from the section Opinions and Experiences to section Graphics & Displays by Grumpy9117

Is the "old" HD back in the "old" computer ?

Is the PSU big enough to power the new card ?

Did you connect the two 6 pin PCI-E power connectors to the card ?

Did you check the OSD (on Screen Display) to check that the proper input is selected ?

http://www.amd.com/us/products/desktop/graphics/amd-radeon-hd-6000/hd-6790/Pages/amd-radeon-hd-6790-overview.aspx#2

500 Watt or greater power supply with two 75W 6-pin PCI Express® power connectors recommended (600 Watt and four 6-pin connectors for AMD CrossFireX™ technology in dual mode)

starravier

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2011
im using a 650 enermax PSU
i connected both 6 pin connectors
but what im saying is that i put my 6790 in and that didnt work
so i put in my 4670 and it worked so id assume my 6790 is dead or something else