Building my first Gaming PC with help.

Ronnieg13

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2011
OK so I've started buying parts to build my own elite gaming system. I'm planning to buy all the parts within a 4-6 month time frame so I'm not in any rush really. My first buys were i7 2600k and p67 Sabertooth mother board. My next to things I would like to buy is the RAM and harddrive. I have the RAM picked out its a Gskill ripjaw 12g something or other I can't remember(i have it written down somewhere. I could use help ojn deciding the other parts I need such as.

Game case (mid tower)some one told me 920 or higher but I don't know what that means.
Hard drive
graphics card(I like some of the new EVGA's)
Fans
Which Windows 7 64 bit i should get etc...
and pretty much whatever else I need. This entire experience is new to me and I do not plan on buying any garbage from best buy.
I've spent 500 so far and have 1000(but flexible) bucks left to spend just in case you need a number to refer to.

I probably will be getting more than what I will ever need playing the latest up to date games but I like that because it Leaves me more options to do whatever I want with out hesitation if I plan to use any software's etc. I guess I'm doing this because I was dissapointed by the money dump with best buy but that PC did its job and has run its course. Now it's time to have some REAL FUN!

I'm 100% open to constuctive criticism. Thank you in advance for your advice.

Ronnieg13

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2011

1500 bucks give or take