Quick Launch Bar dissappeared

my quick launch bar has dissappeared and it wont let me
creat a new toolbar error message "cannot creat toolbar"
appears i havnt deleated the quicklauch folder its the
for all users on my computer, it is checked in taskbar
properties to appear but it still doesnt any ideas??

cheers
15 answers Last reply
More about quick launch dissappeared

    I have a post about the same thing on the next page under
    the subject "Taskbar Toolbars - Quick Launch". There are
    a number of tips there that haven't helped me so far, but
    something might help you out.

    Go to start,all progams,accessories, system tools, system
    restore, then click restore my computer to previous date
    click on a date you remember the quick launch bar being
    there.(bold dates are best to choose) when restored
    problem should be fixed>-----Original Message-----
    >my quick launch bar has dissappeared and it wont let me
    >creat a new toolbar error message "cannot creat toolbar"
    >appears i havnt deleated the quicklauch folder its the
    >for all users on my computer, it is checked in taskbar
    >properties to appear but it still doesnt any ideas??
    >
    >cheers
    >.

    I'll add a slight twist to your problem Antastic: I have the option of
    displaying mine, but everytime I reboot, the system default back to NO
    quick launch bar. I have to activate it every time...what gives???
    J.

    In article <256cf01c4606b$92f5b580$a401280a@phx.gbl>,
    Eparks@cableone.net, a.k.a Eddie says...

    > Go to start,all progams,accessories, system tools, system
    > restore, then click restore my computer to previous date
    > click on a date you remember the quick launch bar being
    > there.(bold dates are best to choose) when restored
    > problem should be fixed

    Yeah right, along with all the other changes you've made since.

    Only use system restore as a last chance saloon, or turn this safe
    harbour for viruses and malware off altogether.

    Don't you people use Google?

    The answer, so far as i can see, is documented enough times.
    But to help you out ...

    http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/TaskbarRepairToolPlus!.zip

    Tx2 - I've been in direct contact with Kelly and there's no known solution to this issue. Wanna try again?

    "Tx2" wrote:

    > In article <256cf01c4606b$92f5b580$a401280a@phx.gbl>,
    > Eparks@cableone.net, a.k.a Eddie says...
    >
    > > Go to start,all progams,accessories, system tools, system
    > > restore, then click restore my computer to previous date
    > > click on a date you remember the quick launch bar being
    > > there.(bold dates are best to choose) when restored
    > > problem should be fixed
    >

    > Yeah right, along with all the other changes you've made since.
    >
    > Only use system restore as a last chance saloon, or turn this safe
    > harbour for viruses and malware off altogether.
    >
    > Don't you people use Google?
    >
    > The answer, so far as i can see, is documented enough times.
    > But to help you out ...
    >
    > http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/TaskbarRepairToolPlus!.zip

    Thanks, but this does not fix the problem lots of us are
    experiencing. The Quick Launch folder is not missing,
    its there still yet we get an error when we try and
    create the Quick Launch taskbar.

    In article <027B1296-D0C3-41EE-9923-5655B5C5DE17@microsoft.com>,
    TRJ@discussions.microsoft.com, a.k.a =?Utf-8?B?VFJK?= says...

    > Tx2 - I've been in direct contact with Kelly and there's no known solution to this issue. Wanna try again?

    Really? .... then Kelly's own tool either needs to be removed so she
    doesn't charge people $5 for something that doesn't work, or she needs
    to sort out the broken functionality of the utility she is offering via
    her web site.

    The information given via her site suggested quite positively that a fix
    was in place. Until that route was tried, no-one could know if this
    utility would work or not.

    There's a *lot* of information relating to this issue via Google; no-one
    had suggested using Google as a tool for assistance.

    System Restore, as i suggested, is the last route i'd go down as it will
    undo a multitude of changes, some of which may be undesired.

    I'd search for, and use, specific fixes aimed at the problem in the
    first instance.

    If you don't consider that sensible advice, we have nothing left to
    discuss.

    I'm sorry, we don't have any dummies for you to spit. Do YOU want to try again?

    http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2004/06/29/1088392635123.html

    "TRJ" <TRJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:027B1296-D0C3-41EE-9923-5655B5C5DE17@microsoft.com...
    > Tx2 - I've been in direct contact with Kelly and there's no known solution to this issue. Wanna try again?
    >
    > "Tx2" wrote:
    >
    > > In article <256cf01c4606b$92f5b580$a401280a@phx.gbl>,
    > > Eparks@cableone.net, a.k.a Eddie says...
    > >
    > > > Go to start,all progams,accessories, system tools, system
    > > > restore, then click restore my computer to previous date
    > > > click on a date you remember the quick launch bar being
    > > > there.(bold dates are best to choose) when restored
    > > > problem should be fixed
    > >

    > > Yeah right, along with all the other changes you've made since.
    > >
    > > Only use system restore as a last chance saloon, or turn this safe
    > > harbour for viruses and malware off altogether.
    > >
    > > Don't you people use Google?
    > >
    > > The answer, so far as i can see, is documented enough times.
    > > But to help you out ...
    > >
    > > http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/TaskbarRepairToolPlus!.zip

    In article <eFrthtPYEHA.212@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl>, david@mvps.org, a.k.a
    David Candy says...

    > I'm sorry, we don't have any dummies for you to spit. Do YOU want to try again?

    I was offering a sensible solution, *offered* by a well known MVP,
    *found* via Google, as an alternative to using System Restore, IMO, a
    safety net with a big hole in it as it will undo a multitude of system
    changes, some of which may be undesired.

    Take it or leave it sunshine .... i choose to help, i'm not obliged.

    Idiot comments earn you no respect. MVP or not.
  10. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

    problem. Mine too disapeared an all users after reboots.
    Can get it back each time but have to recheck the
    quicklaunch box. Reboots don't hold the status of the
    toolbar for anthing, or the appearance of screen at
    shutdown. I think somethings missing but dont know what
    it is. If you find out let me know.
  11. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

    I've experienced the same problem. It started when I booted up my XP
    machine and went to log into my profile. I got a dialog box message
    that the profile lacked required priveleges and the system rebooted in
    30 seconds. The other profiles did not behave the same way. I spent
    an hour re-creating my profile and moving email, documents, etc. Ran
    ad-aware and hijack, found traces of the IMISERV virus (including a
    suspicious wupdt.exe executable), kept at it until an accompanying
    browser hijack disappeared.. (all this on a machine with current nav
    definitions, behind a firewall, latest patches, and strong password
    security... and a daughter of course, just like the commercial).

    The machine seems clean. No sign of any suspicious activity. However,
    the quick launch feature is dead. I can check off the option under
    toolbar properties, but the setting does not stick, and the quick
    launch bar does not appear. The folder is present in the profile, it
    just doesn't do anything.

    RO

    "Gary Lapalombara" <garylap@swbell.net> wrote in message news:<254e301c46127$363a3660$a601280a@phx.gbl>...
    > Thanks, but this does not fix the problem lots of us are
    > experiencing. The Quick Launch folder is not missing,
    > its there still yet we get an error when we try and
    > create the Quick Launch taskbar.

  12. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

    You were slagging someone off. It's not about google or SR but about your attitude. If you have attitude then you MUST be right, which you aren't in this case.

    "Tx2" <tx2newscollection-invalid-@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:MPG.1b50f1ca5a567ae59899a4@news.individual.net...
    > In article <eFrthtPYEHA.212@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl>, david@mvps.org, a.k.a
    > David Candy says...
    >

    > > I'm sorry, we don't have any dummies for you to spit. Do YOU want to try again?
    >

    > I was offering a sensible solution, *offered* by a well known MVP,
    > *found* via Google, as an alternative to using System Restore, IMO, a
    > safety net with a big hole in it as it will undo a multitude of system
    > changes, some of which may be undesired.
    >
    > Take it or leave it sunshine .... i choose to help, i'm not obliged.
    >
    > Idiot comments earn you no respect. MVP or not.
  13. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

    In article <OnQ5rDWYEHA.1048@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl>, david@mvps.org,
    a.k.a David Candy says...

    > You were slagging someone off. It's not about google or
    > SR but about your attitude.
    >
    > If you have attitude then you MUST be right, which you
    > aren't in this case.

    I wasn't "slagging" anyone off, merely stating what would happen if
    System Restore were to be used, and that more favourable methods might
    be considered first, namely using Google as a research tool which no-one
    seemed to have suggested.

    I recommended a tool i found using Google. If it doesn't work, then i
    can hardly be held accountable for that. Idiots would suggest otherwise.

    So far as my "attitude" is concerned, if you find it a problem, you know
    the course of action to take? I suggest you do it.

    If i've no more dummies to spit, then you surely have lost your teddy
    because you are most certainly acting like a child who has done so?

    Grow up David, and fix your top posting nonsense.
  14. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

    I'm having the same problem. Will MS post a fix here or we on our own?
    --
    Harry

    "TRJ" wrote:

    > Tx2 - I've been in direct contact with Kelly and there's no known solution to this issue. Wanna try again?
    >
    > "Tx2" wrote:
    >
    > > In article <256cf01c4606b$92f5b580$a401280a@phx.gbl>,
    > > Eparks@cableone.net, a.k.a Eddie says...
    > >
    > > > Go to start,all progams,accessories, system tools, system
    > > > restore, then click restore my computer to previous date
    > > > click on a date you remember the quick launch bar being
    > > > there.(bold dates are best to choose) when restored
    > > > problem should be fixed
    > >

    > > Yeah right, along with all the other changes you've made since.
    > >
    > > Only use system restore as a last chance saloon, or turn this safe
    > > harbour for viruses and malware off altogether.
    > >
    > > Don't you people use Google?
    > >
    > > The answer, so far as i can see, is documented enough times.
    > > But to help you out ...
    > >
    > > http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/TaskbarRepairToolPlus!.zip

  15. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

    | "Antastic" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>
    | wrote in message news:250c501c4602d$68d94200$a301280a@phx.gbl
    | my quick launch bar has dissappeared and it wont let me
    | creat a new toolbar error message "cannot creat toolbar"
    | appears i havnt deleated the quicklauch folder its the
    | for all users on my computer, it is checked in taskbar
    | properties to appear but it still doesnt any ideas??

    According to many posts by "Ramesh [MVP]", this problem may
    be cause by Blazefind or any other malware (that modifies the
    "Userinit" registry value). For more information use Google
    Advanced Groups Search to search for:

    Ramesh Userinit "Quick Launch"

    Google Advanced Groups Search
    http://www.google.com/advanced_group_search

    For detailed removal instructions for Blazefind see the following
    Trend Micro (an antivirus and Internet content security software
    and services company) web site:, see:

    TREND MICRO - Security Information - TROJ_BLAZEFIND_A
    http://it.trendmicro-europe.com/enterprise/security_info/ve_detail.php?Vname=TROJ_BLAZEFIND.A

    Note: On the aforementioned web page make certain that you click
    on the hyperlink to "Additional Windows ME/XP Cleaning
    Instructions" and follow those steps, too.

Configuration Quick Launch Customization Windows XP