Sign in with
Your question

Battling the Fan Noise

Last response: in Components
November 10, 2011 6:20:17 PM

I replaced my AMD Stock fan with a Cooler Master TX3, but still its noisy(Not as much) but here is a constant irritating buzz.

Am I overexpecting this or are these things supposed to make some noise?

Oiling or any home remedy i should be going about ?

P.S. I have tried stopping all other fans, only this one is making noise.

I do not want to spend a fortune on Fans, id rather invest it on GPUs

More about : battling fan noise

November 10, 2011 6:40:59 PM

Do not oil your fan unless you intend to oil it periodically the rest of your life.
Thankfully, the fan looks like it is a regular box fan (well, a nice high airflow box fan) screwed onto the cooler. Go find yourself a nice low rpm 4pin fan of the same size and just swap the fans. Nice and simple :) 
Before you do that though, look into your BIOS and see what your fans are set to. When I installed my new mobo yesterday it was automatically set to try and keep the cpu at 45*c, and a minimum of level 8 of 10 for the fan speed, which is ridiculously high for all the copper I have on it. Changing it to level 1 for the default speed, and to only increase that after hitting 55*c helped quiet it down. When I push the proc it still speeds up the fan as needed, but if I am browsing the internet or something simple then it stays silent.
If that dosnt work, then it may be time to try a different fan or cooler.
m
l
November 11, 2011 5:21:24 AM

CaedenV said:
Do not oil your fan unless you intend to oil it periodically the rest of your life.
Thankfully, the fan looks like it is a regular box fan (well, a nice high airflow box fan) screwed onto the cooler. Go find yourself a nice low rpm 4pin fan of the same size and just swap the fans. Nice and simple :) 
Before you do that though, look into your BIOS and see what your fans are set to. When I installed my new mobo yesterday it was automatically set to try and keep the cpu at 45*c, and a minimum of level 8 of 10 for the fan speed, which is ridiculously high for all the copper I have on it. Changing it to level 1 for the default speed, and to only increase that after hitting 55*c helped quiet it down. When I push the proc it still speeds up the fan as needed, but if I am browsing the internet or something simple then it stays silent.
If that dosnt work, then it may be time to try a different fan or cooler.

Thanks.. Lemme try the BIOS Tweak, should work i say.. will keep you posted

I figure out that you had the same issue ?
m
l
!