Whats important to look for in a motherboard

MComputer

Honorable
Aug 7, 2012
I am looking for a motherboard for my computer and i needed to know whats important things to look for in them. I am very new with all this and in the spec there many things i don't understand. So can you just explain what important to look for in them and explain please. Also i need a hard drive what is a good storage amount? What important details should i look for? Any answer will be greatly appreciated :)

Solution
Hi!, first off you must know that there's 2 major chip makers: intel & AMD. This can help you determine which motherboard you will buy supporting 1 of the 2 listed. The differences between them is that Modern Intel CPU are pin-less chips (the pins can be found on the supporting motherboard) and AMD has pins on the chip. Do some research and compare the two companies CPUs. You can look for things like clock-speed,cpu architecture. Just to let you know AMD is known as the budget brand,why? They offer price for performance products, for budget builders,able to play games at max without breaking the bank. Then there is intel, the premium brand. They offer excellent performance and is currently the best choice when building a computer ...

TechJamaica

Honorable
Jul 8, 2012
Hi!, first off you must know that there's 2 major chip makers: intel & AMD. This can help you determine which motherboard you will buy supporting 1 of the 2 listed. The differences between them is that Modern Intel CPU are pin-less chips (the pins can be found on the supporting motherboard) and AMD has pins on the chip. Do some research and compare the two companies CPUs. You can look for things like clock-speed,cpu architecture. Just to let you know AMD is known as the budget brand,why? They offer price for performance products, for budget builders,able to play games at max without breaking the bank. Then there is intel, the premium brand. They offer excellent performance and is currently the best choice when building a computer .
After selecting the CPU, picking motherboard depends the features you need,Make sure it has adequate USBs to power your devices, sata ports, DIMM slots (RAM slots), Audio channel, eSATA port, etc. and also make sure it supports the CPU you have/going to purchace.
Hard Drive-1tb is a storage space for daily use. preferably a Western digital 1tb caviar green edition would be suitable for you.

Solution

MComputer

Honorable
Aug 7, 2012

I have already chosen my CPU. It is the AMD phenom ll also i have gotten 240 pin 4GB ram (thinking if i should 2 or 3 cards) I want atleast 3 ports. What are sata ports, audio channel, eSATA ports?

MComputer

Honorable
Aug 7, 2012
OH and how much FSB is generally needed for a motherboard. It will be on a gaming computer. And what does FSB do?
Oh and one other thing.... i need a motherboard that supports PCI-E 3.0, all the boards seem to have PCI express 2

Why that CPU?

Its slow for nowadays.

MComputer

Honorable
Aug 7, 2012
Uhh that seem to be the bets bang for the buck. Intel was quite expensive and this is my first time so i always like to start small. For the whole computer around $700 which i have already exceeded :(