Sign in with
Your question

Dusted Out PC - Now Motherboard Light Is Blinking And Will Not Turn On

Tags:
  • Motherboards
Last response: in Motherboards
August 11, 2012 1:51:33 AM

Hi all,

As the title mentioned, I opened up my PC to dust it out as I've had it around three months now and have yet to dust it throughly. When I put the side back on and was ready to turn it on, I noticed one of my computer speakers making the usual noise it does when it receives power, only consistently, every 2 seconds or so. Looked inside the case, motherboard light was blinking, as if the power supply is having a problem. The power supply makes no noise once I turn it on, and the above things happen once I flick the switch on in the back. I have tried removing all other power connections I can find, and all but one stick of RAM, the CPU and GPU. I would remove the GPU but I literally do not have enough space to get in and get it out, I built this computer in an area where I had a lot of space and moved it into an area where I have very little space.

Anyway, the parts I have are:

GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD5H LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
PC Power and Cooling Silencer Mk II 950W High Performance 80PLUS Silver SLI CrossFire ready Power Supply
Radeon 7970
i5 2500k

If anybody knows what could possibly be causing this, please let me know. When I was dusting it out, I did not (to my knowledge) ruin any parts, or make heavy contact with any of them.

Thanks all.

More about : dusted motherboard light blinking turn

August 12, 2012 5:23:49 PM

I think it might be a power supply issue, but I want to make sure before I pay $15 to RMA it. Still very strange that I don't think I even touched it and it's not working now... I made sure all connections were not loose but have no idea what could be causing it other then hardware defect.
m
l
!