Various Nintendo news

Mario fans have something to dance about.
http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/01/07/news_6116002.html

Mario for the three.
http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/01/05/news_6115715.html

If I say how stupid this is I'll be labeled a troll, so I'll just be quiet.
I'll let the 10 other people in this group discuss it.
10 answers Last reply
More about various nintendo news
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube (More info?)

    > Mario fans have something to dance about.
    > http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/01/07/news_6116002.html
    >
    > Mario for the three.
    > http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/01/05/news_6115715.html
    >
    > If I say how stupid this is I'll be labeled a troll, so I'll just be quiet.
    > I'll let the 10 other people in this group discuss it.

    Haha, I'm embarassed for Nintendo...and will be buying Mario DDR once I get
    a PS2 to GC/Xbox converter. What can I say, I'm a DDR whore. At least Konami
    is making it.
    --
    Xbox Live Games: TOCA Race Driver 2 and PGR2.
    Currently Playing: Donkey Konga and Sprung (DS)

    Bondo wrote in alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube:

    > Haha, I'm embarassed for Nintendo...and will be buying Mario DDR once
    > I get a PS2 to GC/Xbox converter.

    You may not have to do that, if you're willing to spend the extra cash to
    buy the (inevitable) version with the bundled dance pad. (I know Konami
    offers DDR/pad bundles for both the PS2 and Xbox versions, so the likely
    offering of a DDR/pad bundle for the GCN wouldn't be much of a stretch.)

    --
    Glenn Shaw
    Indianapolis, IN USA

    Bondo wrote:

    > Haha, I'm embarassed for Nintendo...and will be buying Mario DDR once
    > I get a PS2 to GC/Xbox converter. What can I say, I'm a DDR whore. At
    > least Konami is making it.

    Nintendo is pimping their mascots just so they can increase 3rd party sales.
    They should be embarrased.
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube (More info?)

    Bondo wrote:

    > Well, I do see the reasoning. I mean, Nintendo needs third party
    > games like DDR. If Nintendo had a decent supply of DDR games I might
    > not have bought a PS2. And it seems the only way third parties will
    > agree to help now in many cases is with the help of Nintendo
    > franchises because they, rightfully I believe, know that Gamecube
    > owners are much less likely to buy the game without. It is a
    > difficult position for Nintendo. I mean, is it really worse that they
    > have Donkey Konga from Namco rather than Taiko Drum Master from Namco
    > or whatever...basically the same type of game, only one has the
    > Nintendo franchise. Was it really a bad thing when Link made his
    > special appearance in SC2? I agree that there are certain limits, but
    > I don't think having little bonuses with Nintendo characters, like is
    > going to be in NBA Street, is that big of a deal.

    The problem is Nintendo isn't doing anything to get new fans, they are just
    trying to keep the old ones happy. And yes, it is bad having Mario, Luigi,
    and Peach in NBA Street. When I think of street basketball, I don't think of
    Mario.
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube (More info?)

    > Mario fans have something to dance about.
    > http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/01/07/news_6116002.html
    >
    > Mario for the three.
    > http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/01/05/news_6115715.html

    ::shudder::
  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube (More info?)

    "defecto" <defecto@moontan.org> wrote in message
    > > Mario fans have something to dance about.
    > > http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/01/07/news_6116002.html
    > >
    > > Mario for the three.
    > > http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/01/05/news_6115715.html
    > >

    > ::shudder::

    No kidding. They stumbled onto one success (Link in Soul Calibur--Namco's
    idea) and THIS is what they come up with next? Ugh. Any moron could tell
    them this is a bad idea. It will hurt their sales, not help, especially NBA
    Street.
  7. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube (More info?)

    "Hank the Rapper" <xflopgoon@REMOVEyahoo.com> wrote in message

    > Mario for the three.
    > http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/01/05/news_6115715.html
    >
    > If I say how stupid this is I'll be labeled a troll, so I'll just be
    > quiet. I'll let the 10 other people in this group discuss it.

    Actually, that one sounds like a good thing. Perhaps I'll pick this game up
    now that I don't have to play some hood.
  8. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube (More info?)

    >> Donkey Konga was intersting and fun.
    >>
    >> Link in SC2 was a nice treat.
    >>
    >> Dance Dance Mario frightens and confuses me.

    Hehe, does it make you curl up into the fetal position sobbing? Yeah, I
    don't get the point of having a "character" in a dance game, I always choose
    not to have computer people dancing on the screen on other DDR games and I
    don't want to see Mario's fat ass busting a move. It would be one thing to
    simply add some Nintendo songs to the DDR line-up, it is another to involve
    Mario too much. Though another option is using Mario in a few mini-games of
    the sort DDR Extreme has. Again, there are some good ways to tie Mario into
    the Gamecube DDR, but there are bad ways too.

    > NBA Street Mario scares me. Seeing as I don't play sports games, I will
    > not loose any sleep over it, but it still scares me.

    Just hope he can't dunk. Short, chubby plumbers shouldn't have the hops.
    --
    Xbox Live Games: TOCA Race Driver 2 and PGR2.
    Currently Playing: Donkey Konga and Sprung (DS)
  9. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube (More info?)

    "Bondo" <ewbondur@uccs.edu> wrote in message
    >>> Donkey Konga was intersting and fun.
    >>>
    >>> Link in SC2 was a nice treat.
    >>>
    >>> Dance Dance Mario frightens and confuses me.
    >
    > Hehe, does it make you curl up into the fetal position sobbing? Yeah, I
    > don't get the point of having a "character" in a dance game, I always
    > choose
    > not to have computer people dancing on the screen on other DDR games and I
    > don't want to see Mario's fat ass busting a move. It would be one thing to

    Now, if they have PEACH or DAISY doing some moves....... OK!!!!

    > simply add some Nintendo songs to the DDR line-up, it is another to
    > involve
    > Mario too much. Though another option is using Mario in a few mini-games
    > of
    > the sort DDR Extreme has. Again, there are some good ways to tie Mario
    > into
    > the Gamecube DDR, but there are bad ways too.
    >>
    >> NBA Street Mario scares me. Seeing as I don't play sports games, I will
    >> not loose any sleep over it, but it still scares me.
    >
    > Just hope he can't dunk. Short, chubby plumbers shouldn't have the hops.
    > --

    Sorry, but looking at the preview, not only does Mario have the moves, but
    Peach and Luigi does too. In fact, better than their opponents!

    T-Rex

    > Xbox Live Games: TOCA Race Driver 2 and PGR2.
    > Currently Playing: Donkey Konga and Sprung (DS)

  10. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube (More info?)

    > Sorry, but looking at the preview, not only does Mario have the moves, but
    > Peach and Luigi does too. In fact, better than their opponents!
    >
    > T-Rex

    Well, I've long felt EA Big were talentless so I wasn't about to play the
    game anyway, I think NBA Street (1) was probably the worst basketball game
    I've played. Certainly worse than NBA2K or Courtside.
    --
    Xbox Live Games: TOCA Race Driver 2 and PGR2.
    Currently Playing: Tiger Woods 2005 and Sprung (DS)

Console Gaming Gamecube Nintendo Video Games