Sign in with
Your question

Mobo Problems

Last response: in Motherboards
August 11, 2012 4:56:08 AM

So i just put together a new build with an asrock extreme 4, and I have checked and rechecked every hookup and power plug, but my computer won't start. I am fairly sure it is my mobo because i hear no beeps and also the led doesn't light up at all. Also i can see the graphics card fan start to spin a bit and i can see the light and flicker a but when i switch the power supply on, so i know that works. I have the RAM in correctly but still nothing starts. Any advice would be helpful.

More about : mobo problems

a c 328 V Motherboard
August 11, 2012 6:13:09 AM

OK, post your specs...

CPU:
RAM: with link please.
Motherboard:
GPU:
PSU:
HDD: /SSD
OS type + version
m
l
Related resources
a c 328 V Motherboard
August 11, 2012 11:57:07 PM

That is good mobo, I recommend it a lot : )

RAM is great, also recommend it.

Good choices.
m
l
a c 328 V Motherboard
August 11, 2012 11:59:20 PM

And this to cool it, so u can OC : )
m
l
a c 328 V Motherboard
August 12, 2012 12:01:11 AM

Whats your case?
m
l
August 12, 2012 12:05:37 AM

Yeah i have the Hyper 212 plus, and my problem i think might be the motherboard. The system wont turn on at all but when i hit the switch to turn on my power supply the lights kinda flicker and such and also when i try to turn the system on i can see the gpu fans start to spool up a little. So i know its not a power supply problem. Also im not sure if there is supposed to bed an led lit up on the mobo, because if there is then it isnt on, and hasnt been on once, even when the power is all hooked up when i try to turn it on. I have tried pretty much everything except taking everything out and breadboarding, but even if i do that i dont really know what im looking for because if it is the mother board bread borading still wouldnt tell me anything i think.
m
l
a c 328 V Motherboard
August 12, 2012 12:08:57 AM

Reset the CMOS memory the right way as is described in the motherboard manual using the clear CMOS link with the power cord unplugged.
And when the battery is out, press the power button to discharge all the electricity from the system.
How To Clear CMOS @ http://pcsupport.about.com/od/fixtheproblem/tp/clearcmo...

m
l
!