Motherboard is faulty?

WolfXll

Honorable
Jul 9, 2012
Hi...
I have a asus p5g41t m-lx motherboard and last day when i was entering into a web site my PC just froze during one min or almost...
Normally when that happens just on the web i assume its just from my internet connection,cause sometimes are poor...
But this time i couldn't even use the mouse to see if the system out of the browser was fine...
After one min that status stopped and i heard some kind of beep... the pc is running normal...
Never happened to me... don't know if was just a web crash or motherboard faulty... normally PC's have one short beep when they boot,i don't... i had in my previews motherboard but this one never did it... My CPU (another thread i never solved here) is always on hot temps.... yesterday he reached to 72ºC on idle (temps on my city on this days are about 18ºC to 27ºC max)
Already tested memory ram and hardrives... they're fine!
Video card,cpu and motherboard are running normal but i can't say they're fine!

for the cpu running hot..sounds like if it the stock intel heat sink or stock amd one the plastic legs have weakened from the heat and the cpu heat sink not sitting as hard as it should be on the cpu or the fan is dust covered or the fan is running slow. if it dust the easy fix it open the case and use a can or two of canned air. if it a slow fan then you have to change the fan or heat sink. the beep you heard was system keyboard lock up beep. it when an app or game hard locks your pc and you keep typing or moving the mouse seeing if it wake up. after a bit of key hitting the system will beep becuase of the lock up or key hits. it normal for a stuck pc to do that. with windows and web issues...it could be you java and flash are out of data as well as your browser.
some older version of firefox and java and nvidia video card drivers did not work with each other. i would start with some house cleaning to see if it a software issue. run ccleaner to clean up your hard drive. then run a good defrag. run malware bytes and a good online anti virus scan. or check to see if your anti virus is out of date or expired. I would then check your mb bios and see if it has the updates there are a few updates for your mb.
http://downloadcenter.intel.com/SearchResult.aspx?lang=eng&ProductFamily=Chipsets&ProductLine=Chipset+Software&ProductProduct=Intel%C2%AE+Chipset+Software+Installation+Utility&ProdId=816&LineId=1090&FamilyId=40
updated chipset drivers.
i would run a smart test on your hard drive and a vendor fitness test.(seatool for seagate drives).
then run memtest from a usb or boot cd to see if you having a ram issue.

WolfXll

Honorable
Jul 9, 2012

Thanks pal... Good explanation! ;)