New build need advice on a new mobo

Status
Not open for further replies.

unix443

Honorable
Aug 11, 2012
Hi, everyone, im new here been doing some research on new components for a new build cant really find what im looking for so im asking for some advice here, my 2month old toshiba qosmio x8753d just blew today got a fried smell from the videocard but thats another story, anyway lasttime i built a pc was back in 2002 im not very uptodate on motherboards, i need a motherboard for a geforce 690 gtx im going to go with, and im going to use an i7 2600k, i need a mobo that will be fully compatible with the gpu and cpu dont want to buy something have it arrive and realise i stuffed up and it aint going to work, pricerange not to much of a concern just something good that ill be happy with and possibly with the ability to be able to overclock the cpu, i play games in 3d vision so if that has an effect on choosing a board or not im not shore. thank's in advance if any help fully appreciated.

Solution

flashpop

Honorable
May 30, 2012

Hi unix443,

Here is a motherboard that I think you will like, very good quality and with the latest Ports etc. Very overclock-able and not too expensive.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131833

I admit I like Asus products, having had such good luck with them. You can get a suitable board from Asus for about 129 dollars if you want to give up a few minor things. But one thing I also like about this one is the USB bios flashback. There are other features to be sure.

Anyway I hope this gets you on the right track! Good Luck!

-Jerry

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.