MB does not recognize my Ram !!!

rostamiani

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2008
Hi
I bought a new MB+RAM+CPU
But the ram is not recognized by MB ! It produces three long beeps just like there is no memory installed :eek:

The memory works well on another MB and MB works well with another RAM .

Is it possible to correct this by changing voltage or clock of RAM ?

I have these models :

MB : ASRock H61M-PS
CPU : Intel G530
Ram : Geil Value Plus 1333 4GB

Thanks

(Excuse for bad grammar !!! )

Solution
About the only oddball issue I noted is the following, and yes i realize you have a 4GB module.
"Some DDR3 1GB double-sided DIMMs with 16 chips may not work on this motherboard. It is not recommended to install them on this motherboard."

IF the RAM works fine in other MOBO's and not in this one and you've tried both DIMM slots resulting in the same failure then --- the RAM simply isn't compatible.

Further, if you cannot boot in to the BIOS to manually set the RAM (Frequency, CAS Timings, and Voltage) then you've got a problem. Installing one set, change the BIOS, swap RAM and cross fingers.

However, IF you have an application that's BIOS invasive e.g. ASRock Extreme Tuning Utility <or> set the RAM manually for a...
About the only oddball issue I noted is the following, and yes i realize you have a 4GB module.
"Some DDR3 1GB double-sided DIMMs with 16 chips may not work on this motherboard. It is not recommended to install them on this motherboard."

IF the RAM works fine in other MOBO's and not in this one and you've tried both DIMM slots resulting in the same failure then --- the RAM simply isn't compatible.

Further, if you cannot boot in to the BIOS to manually set the RAM (Frequency, CAS Timings, and Voltage) then you've got a problem. Installing one set, change the BIOS, swap RAM and cross fingers.

However, IF you have an application that's BIOS invasive e.g. ASRock Extreme Tuning Utility <or> set the RAM manually for a 'different' set of RAM then sure it will probably result in a similar post failure.

Suggestion, install the GeIL RAM then unplug the PSU for 5 minutes, Clear the CMOS moving the the 'Jumper' (see p 21) for 5+ seconds, more back to the default position, plug the PSU back in and 'try' to boot; nice video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdHH9KrceR0

Solution

rostamiani

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2008

Thanks a lot :)

what's cross fingers ???
How can I find that the Ram has 16 chips or not ? It has heat sinks !

Ass-u-ming (GVP34GB1333C9SC) The only info I've seen in the PDF which didn't answer the question so I'd use the GeIL email tech link in the PDF; see - http://www.geil.com.tw/uploads/download_files/918926a7e702dfaba395338dbdb3fc9c.pdf

Q - What EXACT Part Number is the RAM?

Another possibility - IF for some reason the GeIL worked in an AMD and not an Intel then the RAM might be ECC. AMD can run ECC but only Intel Xeon can run ECC RAM...

rostamiani

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2008

This is the part number :

Is it ECC ?