Breathtaking Radeon HD 6870

rko_gmr

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2011
I was previously using geforce 8600gt currently moving on to Radeon HD 6870 with a PSU
Coolermaster silent pro gold 600W or XfX core edition 650W

What i need 2 know is :-

1. How much i m going 2 be affected regarding the electricity bill???? :cry: :cry: :cry: :ouch: :ouch:

2. Is my psu sufficient??(no thoughts for crossfire)

Solution
1. Unless you look at your electric bill in terms of YEARS, you won't notice a difference.

2. 600W of power are more than sufficient. I would go with the XFX Core Edition though. Better parts, better quality. As you do research on PSU's, you will come to find that some manufacturers are very very bad and give you sh*t for psu's.

BTW, if you get the 650W, you can xfire the 6870 down the road if you decide to change your mind without needed to upgrade your psu in the process

phishy714

Distinguished
May 16, 2011
1. Unless you look at your electric bill in terms of YEARS, you won't notice a difference.

2. 600W of power are more than sufficient. I would go with the XFX Core Edition though. Better parts, better quality. As you do research on PSU's, you will come to find that some manufacturers are very very bad and give you sh*t for psu's.

BTW, if you get the 650W, you can xfire the 6870 down the road if you decide to change your mind without needed to upgrade your psu in the process

Solution

rko_gmr

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2011

that was an encouraging answer regarding the electricity bill. thankx
but u said xfx has better parts better quality i.e xfx>coolermaster
is there ne website where i could get a clear comparison btwn the two???