Sign in with
Your question

Is this worth buying, what is good and bad.

Last response: in Systems
August 13, 2011 2:07:15 AM

Is this rig worth buying for the price. The final price is $2853, What would you say is good about the rig, and what is bad, Also what changes could be made. Specs are below. Please and Thank you.

Case: In-Win Dragon Rider Full Tower Case w/ 1x120mm Front Fan, 1x220mm LED Side Fan, Front USB 3.0 x 2 & Water-
Cooling Hole Ready (Black Color)

Internal USB Extension Module: None

Neon Light Upgrade: 12in Cold Cathode Neon Light (Red Color)

Extra Case Fan Upgrade: Maximum 120MM Case Cooling Fans for your selected case

Noise Reduction Technology: Sound Absorbing Foam on Side, Top And Bottom panels
Anti-Vibration Fan Mounts

CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-2600K 3.40 GHz 8M Intel Smart Cache LGA1155 (All Venom OC Certified)

Freebies: None

Venom Boost Fast And Efficient Factory Overclocking: No Overclocking

Cooling Fan: Asetek 550LC Liquid Cooling System 120MM Radiator & Fan (Advanced Cooling Performance + Extreme Silent
at 20dBA) (Single Enermax Enlobal Silent High Performance 120MM Fan)

Motherboard: [CrossFireX/SLI] Asus P8Z68-V Pro Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 ATX Mainboard w/ BT GO! LucidLogix Virtu and
Intel Smart Response Technology & 7.1 HD Audio, GbLAN, USB3.0, 4x SATA-III RAID, 3 Gen2 PCIe, 2 PCIe X1 & 2 PCI (All
Venom OC Certified)

Intel Smart Response Technology for Z68: None

Memory: 8GB (4GBx2) DDR3/1600MHz Dual Channel Memory Module(Corsair Vengeance)

Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 570 1.2GB 16X PCIe Video Card (EVGA Superclocked)

Video Card 2: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 570 1.2GB 16X PCIe Video Card (EVGA Superclocked)

Video Card 3: None

Dedicated PHYSX Card: None

Multiple Video Card Settings: Xtreme Performance in SLI/CrossFireX Gaming Mode Supports Single Monitor

Power Supply Upgrade: 950 Watts - Corsair CMPSU-950TX 80 Plus Power Supply - Quad SLI Ready

Hard Drive: 120GB Corsair Force Series SATA III 550MB/s Read & 510MB/s Write (Single Hard Drive)

Data Hard Drive: 2TB (2TBx1) SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 64MB Cache 7200RPM HDD (Single Hard Drive)

Hard Drive Cooling Fan: None

External Hard Drive (USB3.0/2.0/eSATA): None

USB Flash Drive: None

Optical Drive: Samsung SH-B123L 12X BLU-RAY Player & DVDRW Combo (BLACK COLOR)

Optical Drive 2: None

Sound: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO

3D Vision Glasses: None

LCD Monitor: None

2nd Monitor: None

3rd Monitor: None

Speakers: None

Network: Onboard Gigabit LAN Network

Network Switch: None

Keyboard: * Thermaltake eSports Challenger Pro Gaming Keyboard Black

Mouse: Razer Naga MMOG 5600 DPI Gaming Mouse

Mouse Pad: Razer Vespula Dual Sided Gaming Mouse Mat
Gaming Gear: None

Extra Thermal Display: NZXT Sentry-2 Fan Touch Screen Fan Control & Temperature Display

Wireless 802.11B/G Network Card: Zonet ZEW1642S IEEE 802.11b/g/n 300Mbps PCI Wireless Adapter Network Card

External Wireless Network Card: None

Wireless 802.11 B/G/N Access Point: None

Bluetooth: USB Bluetooth 2.0 Adapter

Flash Media Reader/Writer: INTERNAL 12in1 Flash Media Reader/Writer (BLACK COLOR)

Video Camera: None

Headset: None

Printer: None

Cable: None

Power Protection: * OPTI-UPS ES1500C 1400VA/980W Uninterruptible Power Supply

Surge Protector: Ultra U12-40629 7 Outlet Surge Protector Black 6 Individual On/Off Switch

IEEE1394 Card: None

Internal USB Port: Built-in USB 2.0 Ports

USB Port: None

Operating System: Microsoft® Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit Edition)

Media Center Remote Control & TV Tuner: None

Office Suite: None

Games: None

Ultra Care Option: Ultra Enhanced Packaging Solution - Protect Your Dream System During Transit
CoolerMaster Thermal Fusion 400 Extreme Performance CPU - Thermal Compound Optimized for Thermal Dissipation
Professional Wiring for All WIRING Inside The System Chassis - Minimize Cable Exposure, Maximize Airflow in Your System

Service: STANDARD WARRANTY: 3-YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY PLUS LIFE-TIME TECHNICAL SUPPORT

Rush Service: NO; READY TO SHIP IN 5~10 BUSINESS DAYS

More about : worth buying good bad

August 13, 2011 6:17:51 AM

What are you going to use it for?

Have you priced the individual components on Newegg?
m
l
August 13, 2011 7:48:01 AM

I'm not gonna price out a self-build - you can do that yourself using Neweeg as suggested - but the price seems high for a 2600k, 2x570, and a 120GB SSD without a monitor . . . unless I missed it in that list lol.

The build itself is decent if you intend to game at 2560 resolution. Its way overkill at 1920 . . . but hey, you can never have too much horsepower if budget allows.
m
l
Related resources
August 13, 2011 5:06:52 PM

I'd be interested to see what cable management they manage to pull off in the Rider,
and ultra care option for transit? [insert profanity here]
you pay for a pc, they damn well better pack it properly without charging you extra, hell no Cp, thats just icky....
Moto
m
l
August 13, 2011 5:19:49 PM

You don't need a UPS and a surge protector. A UPS is much better and surge protection than any "surge protector." In most UPSs if the voltage gets above a certain point (140V on mine) the unit will just cut the power and use the battery until it goes back to normal. This is far better than any unit without a battery can do.
m
l
August 14, 2011 12:32:48 AM

I would like to play the witcher 2 with good frame rates. Just would like to know if what im thinking of getting is overpower or really good. I wont be buying any time soon, just seeing if i could get a good powerfull system on cyberpower for the money right know. Also im not the smartess when it comes to computer hardware, so any suggestions or tips would be highly appreciated.
m
l
August 14, 2011 3:55:57 AM

dual 570's should play anything for the next year without any problem. I don't know enough about the game to know if it's overkill, but I would be really surprised if you need more than that.

What monitor are you using?
m
l
August 14, 2011 6:53:13 AM

danraies said:
dual 570's should play anything for the next year without any problem. I don't know enough about the game to know if it's overkill, but I would be really surprised if you need more than that.

What monitor are you using?

I didn't select a monitor cause i could just go out to bestbuy or futureshop and get a LED 1080p monitor.
m
l
August 14, 2011 12:57:33 PM

If you dont plan on buying it soon, I'd take the time between now and then to learn a bit about building yourself,
seriously, you'll rarely consider buying shopbought again once you know how easy it is
fill this in with your requirements, http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/261222-13-build-adv...
and see what builds come up from people, then compare them to the Cp build
and work through this, http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/288241-13-read-post... theres a lot of info in there and you will see for yourself how easy it can be
*Edit, I reckon stick with the Dragonrider case if you like it, I love mine and its only a build in progress hehe that I'm probably selling once finished*
Moto
m
l
August 14, 2011 9:23:52 PM

Motopsychojdn said:
If you dont plan on buying it soon, I'd take the time between now and then to learn a bit about building yourself,
seriously, you'll rarely consider buying shopbought again once you know how easy it is
fill this in with your requirements, http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/261222-13-build-adv...
and see what builds come up from people, then compare them to the Cp build
and work through this, http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/288241-13-read-post... theres a lot of info in there and you will see for yourself how easy it can be
*Edit, I reckon stick with the Dragonrider case if you like it, I love mine and its only a build in progress hehe that I'm probably selling once finished*
Moto

Thanks, ill definitely check it out. Id really like to build one myself for the accomplishment and experience. I just need to learn more about hardware and how to build one.
m
l
August 15, 2011 12:00:55 AM

Thats why I posted those links, to help out instead of just shouting build it hehe, have a good scan through and ask anything you feel unsure of, we are here to help :-)
Moto
m
l
!