Sign in with
Your question

Intel DP43BF 4gb Memory Compatibility

Last response: in Memory
August 11, 2012 4:36:22 PM

I bought a replacement Intel DP43BF montherboard to replace my dead ASUS. The specs look the same, but my memory doesn't work in it. I have Corsair's CMX8GX3M2A1333C9 8gb kit. To make a long story short I worked with Intel and then Corsair. Corsair tech finally came back with: "Okay I see the issue now. You are using a P43/P45 chipset. The memory you need needs to have the IC's in a 256MB x 64 configuration or smaller. The memory kit you have unfortunately is 512MB x 8 and is why it is not compatible. We don't sell 256MB x 64 density memory anymore so I would recommend you exchange it for a different set of memory."

Anyone have any suggestions as to where to buy memory in that supported configuration? It's not like these manufactures post that level of detail in their specifications. Somebody local is selling a "Mushkin Enhanced Silverline 8GB (2x4GB) RAM Kit." Again there's nothing in their specs to show what is the proper density.

Help!

August 11, 2012 10:21:07 PM

The best option you have is to return the motherboard and put some more money to buy a better one that will work with your memory..
If you buy some other memory you will spend money and have an older technology memory with the better memory sitting in a drawer..
So, instead of buying new memory, use the money over the return and by a new mobo to use your good memory.
m
l
Related resources
!