ebgames preplayed policy

I'm conversing with a fellow via email who lives in the next province next
to mine. he has a copy of the Zelda collectors disk for sale @ $60 CAN on a
forsale newsgroup. I politely advised him that he should think about
lowering his price because in November I purchased one from a local ebgames
for $29.99. He emailed me back with this:

/quote
I just got off the phone with EB games and the woman told me that they
aren't allowed to sell those.she said that they are not for resale and
any EB store selling them can be fined.

YIKES!
/end quote

This is strange cause I've been to 4 other ebgames in my province which does
have this for sale along with the Mario Sunshine (not for resale) edition.
weird.
4 answers Last reply
More about ebgames preplayed policy
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube (More info?)

    "Ratz2010" <nospam@all.com> wrote in message

    > I'm conversing with a fellow via email who lives in the next province next
    > to mine. he has a copy of the Zelda collectors disk for sale @ $60 CAN on
    > forsale newsgroup. I politely advised him that he should think about
    > lowering his price because in November I purchased one from a local
    ebgames
    > for $29.99. He emailed me back with this:
    >
    > /quote
    > I just got off the phone with EB games and the woman told me that they
    > aren't allowed to sell those.she said that they are not for resale and
    > any EB store selling them can be fined.
    >
    > YIKES!
    > /end quote
    >
    > This is strange cause I've been to 4 other ebgames in my province which
    does
    > have this for sale along with the Mario Sunshine (not for resale) edition.
    > weird.

    I saw that title in an EBgames in my area as well, also saw it in a
    gamestop.

    drax
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube (More info?)

    "Ratz2010" <nospam@all.com> wrote in

    > I'm conversing with a fellow via email who lives in the next province
    > next to mine. he has a copy of the Zelda collectors disk for sale @
    > $60 CAN on a forsale newsgroup. I politely advised him that he should
    > think about lowering his price because in November I purchased one
    > from a local ebgames for $29.99. He emailed me back with this:
    >
    > /quote
    > I just got off the phone with EB games and the woman told me that
    > they
    > aren't allowed to sell those.she said that they are not for resale and
    > any EB store selling them can be fined.
    >
    > YIKES!
    > /end quote
    >
    > This is strange cause I've been to 4 other ebgames in my province
    > which does have this for sale along with the Mario Sunshine (not for
    > resale) edition. weird.

    Are they used copies?

    I think the "not for resale" copies in EB are *used* (that's how I got
    Zelda)...

    If a game is bundled with a console, a retailer like EB can't just open
    the pack an sell the game separate to the console (the bundle is there
    to sell the console!).

    However, if someone who gets the game in a bundle pack, takes it to EB
    for trade-in, it's up to EB whether they'll buy it and sell it again.

    Well that's my guess.

    toad.
  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube (More info?)

    > I'm conversing with a fellow via email who lives in the next province
    > next to mine. he has a copy of the Zelda collectors disk for sale @
    > $60 CAN on a forsale newsgroup. I politely advised him that he should
    > think about lowering his price because in November I purchased one
    > from a local ebgames for $29.99. He emailed me back with this:
    >
    > /quote
    > I just got off the phone with EB games and the woman told me that
    > they
    > aren't allowed to sell those.she said that they are not for resale and
    > any EB store selling them can be fined.
    >
    > YIKES!
    > /end quote
    >
    > This is strange cause I've been to 4 other ebgames in my province
    > which does have this for sale along with the Mario Sunshine (not for
    > resale) edition. weird.

    My local GameStop had four "Not For Resale" Gameboy Advance games just
    the other day (one was Mario and Luigi, don't remember the others off
    the top og my head). They als are reselling several copies of XBOX games
    with a large "Do Not Resell- Microsoft Store" stickers on them.
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube (More info?)

    "Toad-Man" <toad@toadhall.com> wrote in message
    > "Ratz2010" <nospam@all.com> wrote in
    <snip>
    > Are they used copies?

    Yes.

    <snip>
    > However, if someone who gets the game in a bundle pack, takes it to EB
    > for trade-in, it's up to EB whether they'll buy it and sell it again.
    >
    > Well that's my guess.

    That was my understanding of it. The woman that buddy was talking to must
    have thought they sold me a new copy. /shrug

    > toad.

Console Gaming Video Games Product