Can Seasonic S12 520W handle GTX 570 ????

hi all

Can Seasonic S12 520W handle GTX 570 ???? or should i go for GS600 ???

thanx !!!!
5 answers Last reply
More about seasonic 520w handle
  1. I would go for the 600 if it has a single 12v rail of 40 amps or more.
  2. it is better to choose another psu at least 600w and much better 750w for much better graphics quality or performance.
  3. That 520W PSU has 480W from the 12V rails.

GTX 570 peak draw is like 220W, maybe 250W if you overclock the *** out of it.

You didn't list your other components, but I seriously, seriously doubt they even total to 200W.
  4. Your PSU has 40A on the 12v rails, minimum is like 36A. It should do fine, seasonic makes good PSUs plus it's bronze certified.

EDIT: If you haven't bought your PSU yet I would recommend getting a higher powered one. That PSU should work ok, but I would go higher just to be sure. 750w is overkill for a single 570. Anything between 550-700w should do fine.
  5. A system running a single GeForce GTX 570 graphics card requires that the power supply have a combined +12 Volt continuous current rating of 38 Amps or greater and have at least two 6-pin PCI Express supplementary power connectors.

The Seasonic S12II-520 Bronze does not have two 12V rails at all - it's a single 12V rail design. There is no multirail overcurrent protection in there. It has a +12 Volt continuous current rating of 40 Amps which meets the requirement to run a single GeForce GTX 570 graphics card system.

The GeForce GTX 570 itself can draw up to 298 Watts (i.e. up to 24.83 Amps from the +12V rail(s)) when running FurMark. FurMark isn't considered a normal power draw because you'll only encouter this type of power use when running GPU torture testing utilities (e.g. FurMark, OCCT GPU Torture Test). A more realistic power draw, like that encountered during intense gaming, will be up to 190 Watts (i.e. up to 15.8 Amps from the +12V rail(s)). Overclocking the graphics card, will of course, increase the power consumption.
Ask a new question

Read More

Power Supplies Gtx Components