dudiedad

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2011
I have a question with my build. I'm just a student and on a tight budget. Is this build enough for some games like crysis 2, gta iv, etc?

Gigabyte Z68MA-D2H Z68/Virtu/ISRT
Intel Core i5-2500K
750gb Western digital Black
Kingston Lovo 4gb (1800C9D3LK2/4GX)
Thermaltake Commander MS-I USB3.0
Gigabyte Powerock 500W

Thanks..

bigrikk

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2011
Hi mate even though on a budget I would say shop around I just built a new system (all be it in the UK) but for a few extra $/£'s you could upgrade to about 8gb of RAM (most RAM's are decent and relatively cheap). Also for about an extra $20-$30 you could upgrade to a 650w power supply which means that when upgrading in the future you would have a little spare power to play with especially when it comes to overclocking too.

I actually went for a Corsair TX750 power supply and 8GB of Corsair Vengence (rather than 4gb) The extra cost for me was £40 in the uk which meant that I now have room for expansion.

Other bit of advice would be look at a graphics card that works well with two of the same in SLI/Crossfire. In respect of that when it comes to upgrading in the future and prices have dropped you can add another in relatively cheap and you have future proofed yourself to some degree and with the extra power from your supply you have enough juice to run your rig without issue.

Hope this helps

Rikk :)

dudiedad

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2011
It's very hard for me to tell you the price range because I live in Philippines. And if I will convert dollars to peso, the price will not be accurate. And another thing, some parts that you recommend are not available here. Sorry for the trouble that I have caused.

dudiedad

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2011

Thank you mate. I'll look for that here in Philippines. But my question is, is that build able to run the games that I listed?

Please give us your Peso price, and the website.

That HDD is overpriced and the Thermaltake I dunno what it is. There is no dedicated card, I would say that you couldn't run GTA4 or Crysis 2 very well at all, 15 FPS at best depending on resolution. What is your resolution? Can you please fill out the form to the best of your ability still Some of that info is still needed even though you can't give us the exact budget. I've also seen Gigabyte release some nice PSUs, but I dunno about that PSU.

dudiedad

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2011
I'm on a really tight budget so my budget for this pc is PHP23000.
So, I tried to fill up the form.

Budget Range: PHP23000
System Usage from Most to Least Important: Games, Watching HD videos and downloading big files. I will use that 24/7.
Parts Not Required: keyboard, mouse, monitor, speakers and psu (because I already have the cpu in the list)
Preferred Website(s) for Parts: pcx.com.ph
Overclocking: Yes (i will buy contac 29 if the stock cooler cant make up to 4GHZ)
SLI or Crossfire: No
Monitor Resolution: I have a 18.5 Monitor with 1366x768 resolution.
Additional Comments: I will buy Powercolor 6790 in the future.

dudiedad

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2011

Thermaltake is the chassis and the hdd is PHP3100 here in the Philippines.

dudiedad

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2011
That's why I hate to buy here in Philippines (Honestly). If there is only a website where I can buy pc with free shipping. Hmmmmm.. Do you know a site that has a low price of shipping? Can you suggest? By the way, Sorry for my bad english.

dudiedad

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2011
Wow! $55 per shipment or PHP2365 in Asia. Now I understand why Computer parts are expensive here in Philippines. By the way, I'm satisfied with that build. My father told me that he will give me PHP23000 for that build and it's up to me if I have some savings to add to the budget. So that's the outcome. Anyway, Thanks for the help. I really appreciate it.