Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

I need a best system configuration in which i can do rendering with an ease

Last response: in CPUs
Share
November 11, 2011 2:44:02 PM

Hi there..
I am from Animation and vfx field.. Need a system on which i can do rendering with an ease..
softwares i use are:
Autodesk Maya*
3ds Max*
Real Flow*
Adobe After effects*
Adobe Photoshop
Adobe Premier etc

So please suggest me a good configuration.. have not decided any budget but it should be around or less then 1500$ including monitor(24 inch)!

Thanks


a b à CPUs
November 11, 2011 3:18:15 PM
November 11, 2011 4:08:44 PM

No, don't get the 2700k (which I just realized existed), just get a 2600k and overclock that extra 100 MHz. Will you be doing CPU or GPU rendering, and how demanding both in the actual render and the viewport? Do you need a workstation-certified card?
m
0
l
Related resources
November 11, 2011 4:09:57 PM

No, don't get the 2700k (which I just realized existed), just get a 2600k and overclock that extra 100 MHz. Will you be doing CPU or GPU rendering, and how demanding both in the actual render and the viewport? Do you need a workstation-certified card?
m
0
l
November 11, 2011 4:21:12 PM

For the use in aniation and image rendering, you should considering the "real" professional graphic card such as Quadro series. Other than that, it's look pretty good.
m
0
l
November 11, 2011 4:28:53 PM

You'd probably be better off with a professional graphics card like the Quadro or FireGL. While they are more or less the same as the consumer graphics cards, they have better tech support and driver support for the software you want to use. I don't know how the numbers break down, so I can't really give a recommendation.

I wouldn't buy the WD Green drive as an OS drive. There are two problems with them for OS drives. 1) they park the heads really quickly (like 15 seconds after inactivity) 2) they run anywhere from 5400-7200rpm. Right now there really are no good options for HDDs because of the skyrocketing prices. My suggestion is to re-use an old drive if you can, or possibly buy the minimum size capacity that you can get by with (it should be 7200RPM though).

A 750W PSU is bigger than you need and you really don't need 80+ gold or modular system. You can get a Corsair TX650V2 for $85 after rebate and it will power everything and save you $45 you can put towards a better GPU or HDD.

Also, the build above is missing a motherboard. An ASRock Extreme3 Gen3 runs $125, would allow for overclocking, and has USB3.0.

Also, as mentioned above, get the i7-2600k instead of the i7-2700k and then overclock to 4-4.5GHz.

You should also throw a DVD burner in there for $20.
m
0
l
November 11, 2011 6:19:12 PM

fb39ca4 said:
No, don't get the 2700k (which I just realized existed), just get a 2600k and overclock that extra 100 MHz. Will you be doing CPU or GPU rendering, and how demanding both in the actual render and the viewport? Do you need a workstation-certified card?



hi thanks for your time..
i really dont know the differnence btwn gpu and cpu rendering.. i just need it for doing some 3D shots over maya and max like software.. thanks.. :) 
m
0
l
November 11, 2011 6:20:12 PM

nordlead said:
You'd probably be better off with a professional graphics card like the Quadro or FireGL. While they are more or less the same as the consumer graphics cards, they have better tech support and driver support for the software you want to use. I don't know how the numbers break down, so I can't really give a recommendation.

I wouldn't buy the WD Green drive as an OS drive. There are two problems with them for OS drives. 1) they park the heads really quickly (like 15 seconds after inactivity) 2) they run anywhere from 5400-7200rpm. Right now there really are no good options for HDDs because of the skyrocketing prices. My suggestion is to re-use an old drive if you can, or possibly buy the minimum size capacity that you can get by with (it should be 7200RPM though).

A 750W PSU is bigger than you need and you really don't need 80+ gold or modular system. You can get a Corsair TX650V2 for $85 after rebate and it will power everything and save you $45 you can put towards a better GPU or HDD.

Also, the build above is missing a motherboard. An ASRock Extreme3 Gen3 runs $125, would allow for overclocking, and has USB3.0.

Also, as mentioned above, get the i7-2600k instead of the i7-2700k and then overclock to 4-4.5GHz.

You should also throw a DVD burner in there for $20.





Thanks man.. i'll keep all those points in mind.. :) )))
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
November 11, 2011 6:51:31 PM

GET THE 2700k... IT USES LOWER VOLTAGE... YOU CAN GET 4.8GHz AT 1.35V!!!
i7 2600K @4.5 GHz w/HT 1.365
i7 2700k @4.8 GHz w/HT 1.35
i7 2700k @5 GHz w/HT 1.45
2700k is the fastest Quad Core in the world right now(beside server's CPUs) with lower voltage when OCing to a higher clock speed but at 5GHz, it'll use more....
m
0
l
November 18, 2011 4:56:37 AM

how is AMD phenom II X6 1075T

Family: Phenom II X6
Model number : 1075T
Code Name: Thuban
Speed: 3.0 GHz
Turbo Core Speed: 3.5 GHz
Number of cores: 6
Socket: AM3
L1 Cache: 6 x 64 KB
L2 Cache: 6 x 512 KB
L3 Cache: 6 MB
TDP: 95 watt
Bus speed: 2000 MHz (HT)
Manufacturing process: 0.045 micron SOI
Features: Turbo Core Technology, AMD64 technology, MMX, 3DNow!, SSE, SSE2, SSE3, SSE4a, EVP

let me know if you have any idea about this one..

thanks
m
0
l
a c 185 à CPUs
November 18, 2011 5:01:09 AM

alwaysworkingonline said:
how is AMD phenom II X6 1075T

Family: Phenom II X6
Model number : 1075T
Code Name: Thuban
Speed: 3.0 GHz
Turbo Core Speed: 3.5 GHz
Number of cores: 6
Socket: AM3
L1 Cache: 6 x 64 KB
L2 Cache: 6 x 512 KB
L3 Cache: 6 MB
TDP: 95 watt
Bus speed: 2000 MHz (HT)
Manufacturing process: 0.045 micron SOI
Features: Turbo Core Technology, AMD64 technology, MMX, 3DNow!, SSE, SSE2, SSE3, SSE4a, EVP

let me know if you have any idea about this one..

thanks

The i7-2600k outperforms this in EVERYSINGLE ASPECT.
m
0
l
November 18, 2011 5:16:34 AM

but the number of cores are more in this.. still it lacks behind?
m
0
l
November 18, 2011 5:42:06 AM

alwaysworkingonline said:
but the number of cores are more in this.. still it lacks behind?


correct, heres why

i7-2700K
Operating Frequency 3.5GHz (3.9GHz Turbo)
Quad-Core (Hyperthread to 8)
L2 Cache 4 x 256KB
L3 Cache 8MB

vs

AMD phenom II X6
Turbo Core Speed: 3.5 GHz
Number of cores: 6
Socket: AM3
L1 Cache: 6 x 64 KB
L2 Cache: 6 x 512 KB
L3 Cache: 6 MB

the main difference is L3 cache, also the i7 is a hyperthreading processor meanin it has 4 physical processors, and 4 virtual, so 8 cores all in all against the 6 that the AMD has, the i7 also speeds up automatically when needed, its def faster than the Phenom...(if anyone wants to correct me go right on, haha i know im prob missin a few things between these to)
m
0
l
a c 185 à CPUs
November 18, 2011 6:07:52 AM

alwaysworkingonline said:
few days back i was adviced to go with this configuration..

http://min.us/lDY9VsQiYq8Ak

please let me know whatever changes you recommend in that.. :) 

thanks

That is A VERY SLOW SYSTEM maybe because it is very very outdated. go with the current gen i7's :) 
m
0
l
November 18, 2011 6:23:17 AM

ok sure.. :)  for processor i'll choose i7 but what about the rest of the components.. are they also outdated in that confi..

thanks
m
0
l
a c 185 à CPUs
November 18, 2011 6:29:32 AM

alwaysworkingonline said:
ok sure.. :)  for processor i'll choose i7 but what about the rest of the components.. are they also outdated in that confi..

thanks

YES EVERYTHING IS ALL OUTDATED
m
0
l
November 18, 2011 6:43:41 AM

ohh.. so can you suggest what should i go with.. for rest of the components!
m
0
l
!