Sign in with
Your question

Do I need to return my motherboard?

Last response: in Motherboards
August 11, 2012 10:57:52 PM

This motherboard, Asus P8Z77-V LX, has been a pain in the butt since I bought it from Frys a week ago.

I haven't been able to make any changes in the BIOS without having to reset the CMOS because it will not even get to POST if I change anything.

I have an Asus P8Z77-V LX, Intel i5 2500k, PC Power and cooling 600w PSU, 8GB of Corsair XMS DDR 3 1600 CMX8GX3M2B1600C9 of RAM, Windows 64 bit ultimate

And if I try to update the BIOS by going to Tools in the BIOS and load up P8Z77VLX.CAP, it says Security Verification Failed.

Do I have a bad motherboard? Could it be a bad PSU? It's the only thing I have that hasn't been upgraded lately. The reason I bought this because my old computer froze up and it wouldn't POST at all. I went straight to Frys and bought the new motherboard and CPU. I used up my old DDR3 RAM and I thought that was the cause of me not being able to change anything in the BIOS without it not POSTing. So I bought new RAM and it's doing the same thing.

More about : return motherboard

August 11, 2012 11:14:39 PM

Sounds like it is bad. Have you tried contacting Frys? You should be able to exchange it for a new one, and they should test it for free (I would think) if you explain this to them.
m
l
August 11, 2012 11:26:49 PM

I can probably replace it, but the thing is, my old motherboard did the same thing when it broke. Screen froze in Windows, so I restarted then I wouldn't get a POST, even after I reset the CMOS and disconnecting everything, except for a stick of RAM.

I was wondering if the problem lies elsewhere.
m
l
!