upgrading / rebuilding laptop batteries.

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
a b D Laptop
August 9, 2005 4:44:50 PM

I was wondering, is there any problems associated with replacing the
cells in a laptop battery with higher capacity cells? i have a extra
battery for my compaq armada m300 that I would like to rebuild with
higher capacity cells... any info would be great
August 9, 2005 5:43:51 PM

anigan@gmail.com wrote:
> I was wondering, is there any problems associated with replacing the
> cells in a laptop battery with higher capacity cells? i have a extra
> battery for my compaq armada m300 that I would like to rebuild with
> higher capacity cells... any info would be great

YOu'll need a spot welder.
Some/many charge controllers lose their brains when the cells are
disconnected and the pack becomes a permanent doorstop.

Rule #1. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
mike

..
Wanted 12" LCD for Compaq Armada 7770MT.
MAKE THE OBVIOUS CHANGES TO THE LINK
a b D Laptop
August 9, 2005 8:29:35 PM

anigan@gmail.com wrote:

> I was wondering, is there any problems associated with replacing the
> cells in a laptop battery with higher capacity cells? i have a extra
> battery for my compaq armada m300 that I would like to rebuild with
> higher capacity cells... any info would be great

Survival 101--don't dink with grenades^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^Hlithium ion batteries
unless you're absolutely certain that you know what you're doing.

--
--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate