PC Resolution out of Screen

jaykeketeke

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2011
I'm trying to link my PC to my 60" LG TV by HDMI, unfortunatelly a large part of the desktop does not fit onto my TV. I have the resolution set to max 1920 and the further i go down on the scale it just seems to get worse. Is there a resolution control for my graphics card? i have geforce 9800.

Solution
i was using my 40 inch samsung and head the same problem, if you're using an Nvidia card you can resize the screen by removing pixels on each size to make it fit right. seeing as this is not the ideal solution though (you'll have less than 1080 resolution) see if in your tv settings there is an option to change the screen size (it was called overscan on mines) once I discovered this I was just a couple button presses away from fixing it.

holdingholder

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2011
i was using my 40 inch samsung and head the same problem, if you're using an Nvidia card you can resize the screen by removing pixels on each size to make it fit right. seeing as this is not the ideal solution though (you'll have less than 1080 resolution) see if in your tv settings there is an option to change the screen size (it was called overscan on mines) once I discovered this I was just a couple button presses away from fixing it.

Solution