1100T went up in price!

Welve

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2011
Sigh, newegg, amazon, and tigerdirect upped the price of the 1100T to 195 for the first two and 199 at the last :(

Either they are upping it to put a bigger percentage discount on near black friday or the fallout from BD has demand going way up.

loneninja

Distinguished
Demand is high because Bulldozer failed and supply is going down. Most of AMD's 45nm chips will be EOL soon, don't get an Phenom II X6 soon and you probably won't be able to without hitting the used market.

^ +1. I think AMD is EOL'ing the Phenom 2's next summer, plus I have heard that the 32nm problems at GF have also affected 45nm (P2) production as some of the fab machinery is shared between the 2.

loneninja

Distinguished

It was actually announced in September that AMD would EOL 45nm chips in Q4 2011. Might have extended it a little due to the 32nm problems, but I wouldn't expect them to remain on market for more than a few more months.

Hmm, don't companies usually make the EOL announcement 6-12 months before actually ceasing production? 3 months seems like AMD is really anxious to dump their P2 line -maybe not enough fab capacity to run both 45nm and 32nm. And if I were AMD, I'd wait and see how successful Bulldozer is before dumping the successful P2 line, but then I'm not AMD :D.

Anyway, yes time is running out to buy that X6 without having to shop on eBay..