Video card fan pointed towards power supply fan

EricVG

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2011
Hello, I recently posted about my very limited space and got some very helpful answers. I found a great card that will actually fit in my system. Purchased a Galaxy gtx 550ti. I am going to have to upgrade my power supply as well. My father has a corsair cx500 psu that I can have but there is a problem that scares me. If I put these 2 new pieces of hardware in, the fans will be facing each other. My current 300w power supply has its fan pointed out the back of the computer while mounted at the top horizontally. The cx500s fan would be pointed down with only vents out the back side. Even though they are a decent distance from each other...this worries me. My question is will this be a problem for me? I apologize if this is a silly question but I know next to nothing about computers and their hardware. I also have almost no budget to purchase another psu but I would rather wait before I destroy a new video card (or worse). Thank you to anyone that can help.

robin banks uk

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2010

if i rember right psu fans suck the air in and puch it out at the back near the power switch....

TRENDING THREADS