Anyone know of a CPU cooler that is the same size

jerry6

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2009
or smaller than the Phenom II cooler that will keep an 1100t and 1090t cooler than 54 c . After work I let them run WCG and temps get up to 54c , would like to bring down the temp if possible . Case cannot fit those v-8 or v-10 monster , plus I want it as quiet as possible . I find the new PII cooler louder than the old opteron coolers , maybe the fan design is the cause , don't know .
Just want cooler temps and less noise , during work the fan on the cpu makes to much noise and want them to run cooler .
Is there such a beast , water cooling not an option , don't care if they cost , silence and low temps are the goal .

Thanks

anonymous_84

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2011
The Scythe Big Shuriken is pretty small and quiet and should be fit in small cases.

Also, check that PWM fan control is enabled in your BIOS so that the fans can run slower when possible.

jerry6

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2009

D, loks like that cooler needs me to get to the backside of the MB on't know the case name but it is narrow , not sure that will fit , plus I don't want to be taking the MB out to install .
Would a better fan on the stock heatsink help / If so which fan ?

jerry6

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2009

Yes PWM is enabled and runnig properly . Have 2 CPU fan headers in the Sabertooth board , think the Ggabyte has only one , so could run 2 fans if it would help and have the room .
Thanks wil check the Scythe

cctek

Distinguished
Nov 8, 2011
Have you thought of going with Corsair H80 Liqiud cooler. If applied properly they are very nice. A nice low profile. So you dont have to worry about it getting in the way of memory heatsinks,
They are very easy to install. Just remove the preapplied heatsink square and apply a pea side amount of arctic silver...or what ever you would use.
The H80's got excellent reviews.