Zelda Timeline wtf?

(Sorry if this is OFN guys)

I finished Zelda OoT on the collector's disk during the weekend. Now i'm
playing WindWaker. In OoT Link beat Ganon in the future and was sent back to
his own time by Princess Zelda to the time when he was a kid. Now, i've seen
enough episodes of Star Trek that if the timeline isn't handled carefully it
can create a paradox. So would it not have made better sense if Link at the
end of OoT went back with the power of the sages and challenged Gannondorph
before he had a chance to open the gates to the shadow realm and destroy
Castle Hyrule?

Reason why i ask is cause in the opening to WindWaker it shows that kid link
sealed Ganon even though this isn't the case. btw, why is the world covered
with water like its a rip-off of the Kevin Costner movie, WaterWorld?

I've made it as far as the Great Deku Tree, continuing the adventure.....
9 answers Last reply
More about zelda timeline
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube (More info?)

    "Ratz2010" <nospam@all.com> wrote in message news:Ui_Ed.207716$Np3.8796201@ursa-nb00s0.nbnet.nb.ca...
    > (Sorry if this is OFN guys)
    >
    > I finished Zelda OoT on the collector's disk during the weekend. Now i'm
    > playing WindWaker. In OoT Link beat Ganon in the future and was sent back to
    > his own time by Princess Zelda to the time when he was a kid. Now, i've seen
    > enough episodes of Star Trek that if the timeline isn't handled carefully it
    > can create a paradox. So would it not have made better sense if Link at the
    > end of OoT went back with the power of the sages and challenged Gannondorph
    > before he had a chance to open the gates to the shadow realm and destroy
    > Castle Hyrule?
    >
    > Reason why i ask is cause in the opening to WindWaker it shows that kid link
    > sealed Ganon even though this isn't the case. btw, why is the world covered
    > with water like its a rip-off of the Kevin Costner movie, WaterWorld?

    No quite as bad as Waterworld, but all that sailing is one of the downfalls
    of the game.

    As far as the timeline, you're taking it too seriously. Just play and have fun.
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube (More info?)

    First, play all the way through. It will make sense before the end.
    Also, in the telling of the legend through the 1000+ years of the Lost
    Hyrule, things got lost/ added in the telling... one thing that was
    lost was the seven year difference in age, the only ones who remembered
    were the Essence of Link, the Essence of Zelda, the Essence of the
    sages, and the essence of the King. Everyone else missed out on the
    seven years of darkness once the gates of time were sealed.
    Oh... I almost forgot... also Young Link wasn't strong enough
    physically without his adult body to confront Gannondorf/Gannon,
    remember, he had to fight first, then seal Gannon away.
  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube (More info?)

    Timeline Geeks (no offense but <myself included> anyone who watches
    Star Trek is a geek) find trivial things important in a video game,
    especially a "Legend".
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube (More info?)

    Dante_Inferno wrote:
    > First, play all the way through. It will make sense before the end.
    > Also, in the telling of the legend through the 1000+ years of the Lost
    > Hyrule, things got lost/ added in the telling... one thing that was
    > lost was the seven year difference in age, the only ones who remembered
    > were the Essence of Link, the Essence of Zelda, the Essence of the
    > sages, and the essence of the King. Everyone else missed out on the
    > seven years of darkness once the gates of time were sealed.
    > Oh... I almost forgot... also Young Link wasn't strong enough
    > physically without his adult body to confront Gannondorf/Gannon,
    > remember, he had to fight first, then seal Gannon away.

    WW Explanation:
    Not to mention that when they sealed Ganon away, he managed to break
    free. So they flooded Hyrule and split the Triforce of courage to keep
    Ganon at bay until the Hero came back. (Split) According to most Zelda
    fan sites, the OOT Link left Hyrule when he was called away VIA Majora's
    Mask incident. Also the OOT Link couldn't take the Triforce or the
    Master Sword from Hyrule when he left. Which is why it was still there
    when the WW Link needed it.
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube (More info?)

    "Omega X" <.SPAM.lh_bennett@isp.com> wrote in message
    <snip>
    > WW Explanation:
    > Not to mention that when they sealed Ganon away, he managed to >break
    > free.
    > So they flooded Hyrule and split the Triforce of courage to keep Ganon at
    > bay until the Hero came back. (Split) According to most Zelda > fan sites,
    > the OOT Link left Hyrule when he was called away VIA >Majora's Mask
    > incident. Also the OOT Link couldn't take the Triforce >or the Master
    > Sword from Hyrule when he left. Which is why it was still >there when the
    > WW Link needed it.

    Ah, ic. thanks for explaining it.
  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube (More info?)

    "Dante_Inferno" <danteinferno04@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > Timeline Geeks (no offense but <myself included> anyone who watches
    > Star Trek is a geek) find trivial things important in a video game,
    > especially a "Legend".

    So instead of the star date you have the hyrule date?
  7. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube (More info?)

    Ratz2010 wrote:
    > Now, i've seen
    > enough episodes of Star Trek that if the timeline isn't handled carefully it
    > can create a paradox.

    I wouldn't trust Star Trek for an understanding in temporal physics ;-)
  8. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube (More info?)

    anyone every heard of a novel about the vArios link adventures, would be
    good quick read.
    "Ratz2010" <nospam@all.com> wrote in message
    > (Sorry if this is OFN guys)
    >
    > I finished Zelda OoT on the collector's disk during the weekend. Now i'm
    > playing WindWaker. In OoT Link beat Ganon in the future and was sent back
    > to his own time by Princess Zelda to the time when he was a kid. Now, i've
    > seen enough episodes of Star Trek that if the timeline isn't handled
    > carefully it can create a paradox. So would it not have made better sense
    > if Link at the end of OoT went back with the power of the sages and
    > challenged Gannondorph before he had a chance to open the gates to the
    > shadow realm and destroy Castle Hyrule?
    >
    > Reason why i ask is cause in the opening to WindWaker it shows that kid
    > link sealed Ganon even though this isn't the case. btw, why is the world
    > covered with water like its a rip-off of the Kevin Costner movie,
    > WaterWorld?
    >
    > I've made it as far as the Great Deku Tree, continuing the adventure.....

  9. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube (More info?)

    Ratz2010 wrote:
    > (Sorry if this is OFN guys)
    >
    > I finished Zelda OoT on the collector's disk during the weekend. Now i'm
    > playing WindWaker. In OoT Link beat Ganon in the future and was sent back to
    > his own time by Princess Zelda to the time when he was a kid. Now, i've seen
    > enough episodes of Star Trek that if the timeline isn't handled carefully it
    > can create a paradox.

    I wouldnt get your cause/effect science from Star Trek if I were you,
    they're way off.

    > So would it not have made better sense if Link at the
    > end of OoT went back with the power of the sages and challenged Gannondorph
    > before he had a chance to open the gates to the shadow realm and destroy
    > Castle Hyrule?

    Bingo! Star Trek ending on the starboard bow cap'n!!!

Console Gaming Video Games