Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Zelda Timeline wtf?

Last response: in Video Games
Share
Anonymous
January 12, 2005 3:37:08 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube (More info?)

(Sorry if this is OFN guys)

I finished Zelda OoT on the collector's disk during the weekend. Now i'm
playing WindWaker. In OoT Link beat Ganon in the future and was sent back to
his own time by Princess Zelda to the time when he was a kid. Now, i've seen
enough episodes of Star Trek that if the timeline isn't handled carefully it
can create a paradox. So would it not have made better sense if Link at the
end of OoT went back with the power of the sages and challenged Gannondorph
before he had a chance to open the gates to the shadow realm and destroy
Castle Hyrule?

Reason why i ask is cause in the opening to WindWaker it shows that kid link
sealed Ganon even though this isn't the case. btw, why is the world covered
with water like its a rip-off of the Kevin Costner movie, WaterWorld?

I've made it as far as the Great Deku Tree, continuing the adventure.....

More about : zelda timeline wtf

Anonymous
January 12, 2005 6:15:28 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube (More info?)

"Ratz2010" <nospam@all.com> wrote in message news:Ui_Ed.207716$Np3.8796201@ursa-nb00s0.nbnet.nb.ca...
> (Sorry if this is OFN guys)
>
> I finished Zelda OoT on the collector's disk during the weekend. Now i'm
> playing WindWaker. In OoT Link beat Ganon in the future and was sent back to
> his own time by Princess Zelda to the time when he was a kid. Now, i've seen
> enough episodes of Star Trek that if the timeline isn't handled carefully it
> can create a paradox. So would it not have made better sense if Link at the
> end of OoT went back with the power of the sages and challenged Gannondorph
> before he had a chance to open the gates to the shadow realm and destroy
> Castle Hyrule?
>
> Reason why i ask is cause in the opening to WindWaker it shows that kid link
> sealed Ganon even though this isn't the case. btw, why is the world covered
> with water like its a rip-off of the Kevin Costner movie, WaterWorld?
>

No quite as bad as Waterworld, but all that sailing is one of the downfalls
of the game.

As far as the timeline, you're taking it too seriously. Just play and have fun.
Anonymous
January 12, 2005 2:28:52 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube (More info?)

First, play all the way through. It will make sense before the end.
Also, in the telling of the legend through the 1000+ years of the Lost
Hyrule, things got lost/ added in the telling... one thing that was
lost was the seven year difference in age, the only ones who remembered
were the Essence of Link, the Essence of Zelda, the Essence of the
sages, and the essence of the King. Everyone else missed out on the
seven years of darkness once the gates of time were sealed.
Oh... I almost forgot... also Young Link wasn't strong enough
physically without his adult body to confront Gannondorf/Gannon,
remember, he had to fight first, then seal Gannon away.
Anonymous
January 12, 2005 3:36:40 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube (More info?)

Timeline Geeks (no offense but <myself included> anyone who watches
Star Trek is a geek) find trivial things important in a video game,
especially a "Legend".
Anonymous
January 12, 2005 6:49:37 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube (More info?)

Dante_Inferno wrote:
> First, play all the way through. It will make sense before the end.
> Also, in the telling of the legend through the 1000+ years of the Lost
> Hyrule, things got lost/ added in the telling... one thing that was
> lost was the seven year difference in age, the only ones who remembered
> were the Essence of Link, the Essence of Zelda, the Essence of the
> sages, and the essence of the King. Everyone else missed out on the
> seven years of darkness once the gates of time were sealed.
> Oh... I almost forgot... also Young Link wasn't strong enough
> physically without his adult body to confront Gannondorf/Gannon,
> remember, he had to fight first, then seal Gannon away.
>

WW Explanation:
Not to mention that when they sealed Ganon away, he managed to break
free. So they flooded Hyrule and split the Triforce of courage to keep
Ganon at bay until the Hero came back. (Split) According to most Zelda
fan sites, the OOT Link left Hyrule when he was called away VIA Majora's
Mask incident. Also the OOT Link couldn't take the Triforce or the
Master Sword from Hyrule when he left. Which is why it was still there
when the WW Link needed it.
Anonymous
January 13, 2005 3:12:32 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube (More info?)

"Omega X" <.SPAM.lh_bennett@isp.com> wrote in message
news:cs479q$6m9$1@news.chatlink.com...
<snip>
> WW Explanation:
> Not to mention that when they sealed Ganon away, he managed to >break
> free.
> So they flooded Hyrule and split the Triforce of courage to keep Ganon at
> bay until the Hero came back. (Split) According to most Zelda > fan sites,
> the OOT Link left Hyrule when he was called away VIA >Majora's Mask
> incident. Also the OOT Link couldn't take the Triforce >or the Master
> Sword from Hyrule when he left. Which is why it was still >there when the
> WW Link needed it.

Ah, ic. thanks for explaining it.
Anonymous
January 13, 2005 6:31:55 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube (More info?)

"Dante_Inferno" <danteinferno04@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:1105562200.783451.30220@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com...
> Timeline Geeks (no offense but <myself included> anyone who watches
> Star Trek is a geek) find trivial things important in a video game,
> especially a "Legend".
>

So instead of the star date you have the hyrule date?
Anonymous
January 13, 2005 9:50:40 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube (More info?)

Ratz2010 wrote:
> Now, i've seen
> enough episodes of Star Trek that if the timeline isn't handled carefully it
> can create a paradox.




I wouldn't trust Star Trek for an understanding in temporal physics ;-)
Anonymous
January 18, 2005 1:11:12 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube (More info?)

anyone every heard of a novel about the vArios link adventures, would be
good quick read.
"Ratz2010" <nospam@all.com> wrote in message
news:Ui_Ed.207716$Np3.8796201@ursa-nb00s0.nbnet.nb.ca...
> (Sorry if this is OFN guys)
>
> I finished Zelda OoT on the collector's disk during the weekend. Now i'm
> playing WindWaker. In OoT Link beat Ganon in the future and was sent back
> to his own time by Princess Zelda to the time when he was a kid. Now, i've
> seen enough episodes of Star Trek that if the timeline isn't handled
> carefully it can create a paradox. So would it not have made better sense
> if Link at the end of OoT went back with the power of the sages and
> challenged Gannondorph before he had a chance to open the gates to the
> shadow realm and destroy Castle Hyrule?
>
> Reason why i ask is cause in the opening to WindWaker it shows that kid
> link sealed Ganon even though this isn't the case. btw, why is the world
> covered with water like its a rip-off of the Kevin Costner movie,
> WaterWorld?
>
> I've made it as far as the Great Deku Tree, continuing the adventure.....
>
>
Anonymous
January 19, 2005 3:43:28 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube (More info?)

Ratz2010 wrote:
> (Sorry if this is OFN guys)
>
> I finished Zelda OoT on the collector's disk during the weekend. Now i'm
> playing WindWaker. In OoT Link beat Ganon in the future and was sent back to
> his own time by Princess Zelda to the time when he was a kid. Now, i've seen
> enough episodes of Star Trek that if the timeline isn't handled carefully it
> can create a paradox.

I wouldnt get your cause/effect science from Star Trek if I were you,
they're way off.


> So would it not have made better sense if Link at the
> end of OoT went back with the power of the sages and challenged Gannondorph
> before he had a chance to open the gates to the shadow realm and destroy
> Castle Hyrule?

Bingo! Star Trek ending on the starboard bow cap'n!!!
!