Graphics Issues (Radeon HD 6870)

makavillin

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2010
Hi Everyone,

For the last couple of months I've been experiencing graphics issues and I'm trying to figure out exactly what is going on.

Issues I experience:

- When watching video, there are what appears to be drops in framerate (I think that's the proper explanation).
- I have a dual monitor config and when I move Windows around the outline of the window will stay in the position it was moved from.
- Playing Starcraft 2 for long periods will result in the cursor becoming pixelated.
- Sometimes icons will look to be very low in quality (Any time the iTunes updater pops up, the iTunes icon appears to be 8 bit).

Tech Specs:

- Radeon HD 6870
- Windows 7 64 Bit
- Catalyst Control Center 11.5

I've updated the display driver 4+ times each time I completely remove the previous version from my system before each update.

Anyone have any ideas?

I think it's been close to a year and a half since I've setup this build so I'm thinking it might be ready for a re-image. I'm just hoping this is not signs of the GPU malfunctioning.

Thanks!

beltzy

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2010
Try using an additional utility like Driver Sweeper to make sure there are no residual drivers hanging around (if you aren't already doing so) then reinstall.

If that doesn't work I'd contact customer support from the card maker and try to get a new one sent out (should still be under warranty).