I want to fit a blueray drive into my computer what els would i need to copy blu

avenger 1

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2011
hi i want to put in a blue-ray into my computer , and i am not sure what else i need to play a blue ray movie or to copy a blue-ray movie, i am a novice at the computer but i have a guy who is going to take out my DVD RW, and put in the blue-ray he says i have a big hard drive i think its a TB hard drive but he says i would need a ripper to rip the movies were can i buy a good blue-ray and a ripper can any one help me please :( :non:

holdingholder

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2011
Well to play Blurays on a PC you need at least a decent dual core processor and a decent integrated graphics or a dedicated video card. How old is your pc? can you post the specs?

leon2006

Distinguished

Cyberlink PowerDVD is the most popular Blue Ray player for PC. Some of the Blue Ray Drive comes w/ a limited feature copy just enough for you the play.

You need HDCP content protection compliant device to be able to play BlueRay. Most the PC hardware release since 2007 are HDCP compliant. For it to run
-GPU must be compliant to HDCP (Most GPU since 2007 are HDCP Compliant)
- DVI or HDMI port must be HDCO Compliant
- Blue Ray Drive must be HDCP Compliant (All Blue Ray drive for PC are HDCP Compliant
- Your Display must be HDCP Compliant. If it has HDMI then you are OK

The PowerDVD blue ray player software has a tool to check for the compliance of your PC to play protected content. If all check out you can play blue ray at 1080P w/ 7.1 Audio.

Its hard to find hardware today that are not compliant. The bigger consideration for you is securing a copy of PowerDVD

leon2006

Distinguished

You don't need to copy Blue Ray movies to your drive to play it. Big HD is great but not needed to play Blue-Ray movies in HD 1080P in your PC. By Law it is not legal to copy Blue Ray Disc w/ Protected content. Be careful this is a public forum. Just for you to take note.