Sign in with
Your question

P8P67 PRO REV 3.1 8GB Dimm problem

Last response: in Memory
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
a b } Memory
August 12, 2012 1:48:00 PM

Hi, Recently my P8P67 received some damage due to maintenance and apparently the 2 DIMM slots next to the CPU are not functional, wich is a bummer to me since I was running some old 4GB dimms there and I am too cheap to buy a new MB, does anyone have idea if the
Corsairs CMZ16GX3M2A1600C10 16GB set will work on the p8p67 since that would be a better solution than going and buying a new MB
a b à CPUs
a b } Memory
August 14, 2012 10:08:16 PM

I looked at the QVL list for that board and there was no testing of 8gb dimms, either because they were rare at the time the board came out, or they dont work. On the plus side is that Corsair was listed many times, so if 8gb dimms are supported, yours will probably work.

I would just run the 8gb you have now, or get a used board if $ is tight.

"my P8P67 received some damage due to maintenance" plz elaborate :D 
a c 387 à CPUs
a b } Memory
August 15, 2012 3:48:12 AM

Unless your board requires the 2 sticks to be in specific slots, they should work OK>
August 30, 2012 3:52:32 PM

festerovic said:
I looked at the QVL list for that board and there was no testing of 8gb dimms, either because they were rare at the time the board came out, or they dont work. On the plus side is that Corsair was listed many times, so if 8gb dimms are supported, yours will probably work.

I would just run the 8gb you have now, or get a used board if $ is tight.

"my P8P67 received some damage due to maintenance" plz elaborate :D 

Well, I took it out for maintenance and cleaning, Somehow, when I put it back inside, the 2 dimms are not working anymore. :/ 
!