Inno3d GT240 DDR2 and Intel DG31PR

Fuzail56

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2011
Hi I wanna ask the community about a video card i m going to buy.The video card is Inno3d GT240 1GB DDR2.
Currently I have an Intel DG31PR mother board with Core2duo E7200.My question is that will Inno3d GT240 DDR2 work on my motherboard.And if i get a Inno3d Gt240 DDR3.Will it work on my motherboard.Please do not suggest any other video card and thanks in advance........

Solution
Graphic card memory (often annotated as DDR instead of GDDR) is completely separate from system memory. So a DDR3 graphic card will work in a system with DDR/DDR2/DDR3 memory.

Since the card(s) in question appears to be a PCI-E 2.0 standard card (and not PCI-E 2.1 standard), it will work with your current motherboard. If it's a choice between the DDR2 version of the card and the DDR3 version of the card, go with the DDR3 version.

-Wolf sends

Wolfshadw

Titan
Graphic card memory (often annotated as DDR instead of GDDR) is completely separate from system memory. So a DDR3 graphic card will work in a system with DDR/DDR2/DDR3 memory.

Since the card(s) in question appears to be a PCI-E 2.0 standard card (and not PCI-E 2.1 standard), it will work with your current motherboard. If it's a choice between the DDR2 version of the card and the DDR3 version of the card, go with the DDR3 version.

-Wolf sends

Solution

TRENDING THREADS