illusionxt

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2012
So, I've built my fair share of desktop rigs but i'm no pro by far. But i'm completely stumped right now.
This rig I had was running perfectly fine, everything worked properly. I recently decided to move to Hong Kong, and had to disassemble everything, and since I still had the original packaging of all my components, i carefully placed everything back where it was and hand carried it all as carry-on items rather than as cargo luggage.

Essentially, my rig wont start. no Bios nothing.

First time around, it was the DRAM_LED was on... but the RAM was for sure compatible.

Second time around, i removed the motherboard from the tower, as it was wayy to crammed... not used to these tiny ass chassis in HK... set everything up on a plastic foam stand to make sure it doesn't short circuit... and now i'm getting the lit CPU_LED, no bios screen loading or nothing.

So i carefully removed the CPU (which I had previously not done so when i moved everything back to Hong Kong, didn't want to take it out if i didn't have to... and what i saw was a shitload of of bent pins, 7 to be exact from what i can count...

And from magnifying... it seems that some of the pins are completely missing, i looked at it from every angle... its not hiding. It's just gone...

Is it even worth me to try and fix each and everyone.. and also the CPU seemed to have one fully burnt receptor... and two partially burnt ones...

Are both my CPU and Mobo fried? :( i'm so ******* pissed.... i dont even have the original Socket cover to do an RMA.... thing got lost in the big move...

IMG_35391024x768.jpg

IMG_3540644x898.jpg

IMG_35341024x977.jpg

Thanks for your input in advance... i'm soooooo annoyed :( it was working perfectly fine before I disassembled it.. now it's not even turning on at all...

Ry4n

Honorable
Aug 3, 2012

So when you took the CPU & Heatsink back in the packaging, did you place the plastic shield which was on the socket when you first got the MOBO?

The only way to find out if the CPU is still functioning is to try it on an undamaged motherboard.

You will have to replace the existing motherboard or get the CPU socket replaced. The motherboard manufacturer charges a considerable amount of money to replace the CPU socket. It's almost as much as if you were to buy a new motherboard. On top of that you will have to pay for shipping both ways to and from the manufacturer.