Sign in with
Your question

Recommended Motherboard

Tags:
  • Asus
  • Motherboards
Last response: in Motherboards
August 12, 2012 5:14:58 PM

Sorry for posting again and again, But I'm worrying about which motherboard I should get, I will be mostly gaming/college work, and I'm wondering which MOBO I should get.

My specs:
Case: HAF X Full Tower
CPU: Intel i7 2600k Sandy Bridge (Maybe Ivy Bridge later on in the years.)
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1600
GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 560 Ti (Do I have to have 2 cards, As I only have 1 At the moment.)
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B5ST 24x Internal SATA DVD Drive
HDD: Western Digital WD1002FAEX Caviar Black 1 TB 7200 RPM Internal Hard Disk Drive
PSU: Corsair CMPSU-850AXUK Professional Series Gold 850W Power Supply
Fan Connector: NZXT Sentry 2 Touch Screen Fan Controller (If I need it, can somebody confirm for me?)

Which MOBO's should I get?
Asus P8Z77-V PRO
Maximus V GENE
Maximus V Formula/ThunderFX
Maximus V Formula
Maximus V Extreme

Case Fans info:
Front: 230 x 30 mm red LED fan with LED switch x1 / 700 RPM / 19 dBA
Top: 200 x 30 mm fans x 2 / 700 RPM / 19 dBA (I will only use one)
Side: 200 x 30 mm fan x 1 / 700 RPM / 19 dBA
Rear: 140 x 25 mm fan x 1 / 1200 RPM / 19 dBA

More about : recommended motherboard

a b Ĉ ASUS
a b V Motherboard
August 12, 2012 5:29:41 PM

Do you have the money for those boards? i mean unless your extreme overclocking 24/7 5GHZ then i would get the P8Z77-v Pro. I my self want to do a bit of overclocking with 24/7 voltage and clock speed so the Gene would suit me even though i have a full tower and itd look silly
August 12, 2012 5:35:49 PM

Rockdpm said:
Do you have the money for those boards? i mean unless your extreme overclocking 24/7 5GHZ then i would get the P8Z77-v Pro. I my self want to do a bit of overclocking with 24/7 voltage and clock speed so the Gene would suit me even though i have a full tower and itd look silly

I would be overclocking in the future but not right now, I'm going to get used to the machine first. I do have the money.
Also will the specs I have now be suitable for the extreme board, as I might go with that one. And What is 1 x 6-pin EZ_PLUG Power connector(s)
1 x 4-pin EZ_PLUG Power connector(s) ?
Related resources
a b Ĉ ASUS
a b V Motherboard
August 12, 2012 6:45:02 PM

Get the P8Z77 pro. It still does good at overclocking. the 6 pin is your pci express connector for the graphics cards and some sound cards. Your power supply is plenty enough. But i wouldn't get a 560 ti, if i had that much money, id get a 670 or GTX 660 ti (coming soon) .
a b Ĉ ASUS
a b V Motherboard
August 12, 2012 6:48:23 PM

The 4 pin goes to the motherboard
August 12, 2012 6:57:55 PM

Rockdpm said:
The 4 pin goes to the motherboard

I've already got the 560ti, As I want a cheap but ok graphics card as it's my first build.
a b Ĉ ASUS
a b V Motherboard
August 12, 2012 7:09:50 PM

yea i guess so... just know, if you get a second 560 ti you will only have 1GB of vram and your cpu will hold you back a bit... since your CPU would be better than the 560 ti.. Before getting a second 560 ti, just get a better single graphics.. SLI looks cool but most of the time its better to have better performing single card
August 12, 2012 7:16:13 PM

Rockdpm said:
yea i guess so... just know, if you get a second 560 ti you will only have 1GB of vram and your cpu will hold you back a bit... since your CPU would be better than the 560 ti.. Before getting a second 560 ti, just get a better single graphics.. SLI looks cool but most of the time its better to have better performing single card

Can i still run the 560ti by itself and wait until I get a single card?? And on the Maximus V Extreme (If I get it) Do I have to overclock?
a b Ĉ ASUS
a b V Motherboard
August 12, 2012 7:23:11 PM

No, you don't have to overclock at all. I just know that most people that get that get a high end board like that Overclock. As for the 560 ti, yea you can run it till you get a better card. If your going for the quality and looks of a board. by all means by it, the Maximus V Extreme will be great even when you decide to overclock
August 12, 2012 7:26:53 PM

Rockdpm said:
No, you don't have to overclock at all. I just know that most people that get that get a high end board like that Overclock. As for the 560 ti, yea you can run it till you get a better card. If your going for the quality and looks of a board. by all means by it, the Maximus V Extreme will be great even when you decide to overclock

Ah, I see thanks a-lot mate, This has helped me alot! :D 
a b Ĉ ASUS
a b V Motherboard
August 12, 2012 7:33:20 PM

Good, I am glad i can help!. Any more questions? also PM me if you ever feel like you dont want to make a thread and need some help
!