Sign in with
Your question

Gateway dx4300-05

Last response: in Motherboards
August 12, 2012 8:30:44 PM

There is a square plastic ring around the processor spot on the motherboard that the processor fan clips onto to hold the fan in place. One of the hooks that the fan locks onto has broken off of that square plastic ring.
I need a replacement square plastic ring.
Can you help me?

More about : gateway dx4300

a b V Motherboard
August 12, 2012 8:54:12 PM

chparkjr said:
There is a square plastic ring around the processor spot on the motherboard that the processor fan clips onto to hold the fan in place. One of the hooks that the fan locks onto has broken off of that square plastic ring.
I need a replacement square plastic ring.
Can you help me?

You can usually get a replacement online, it is called a retention bracket. Is it like this ?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/AMD-Motherboard-AM2-AM2-AM3-Soc...

You can shop around for the cheapest prices. If you have some time, you can visit a local computer store (preferably small store), and ask if they will sell you one because they build a lot of computers and usually just throw out or keep the retention brackets when the customers order a custom heatsink solution that doesn't use the bracket. They might even give you one, since it is really not worth much.
m
l
August 19, 2012 11:36:51 PM

Maxx_Power said:
You can usually get a replacement online, it is called a retention bracket. Is it like this ?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/AMD-Motherboard-AM2-AM2-AM3-Soc...

You can shop around for the cheapest prices. If you have some time, you can visit a local computer store (preferably small store), and ask if they will sell you one because they build a lot of computers and usually just throw out or keep the retention brackets when the customers order a custom heatsink solution that doesn't use the bracket. They might even give you one, since it is really not worth much.

Yes, it is very much like that, yellow, and only one clip hook on either side.

Thanks for the info, I'll see if I can locate one.
m
l
!